Ducati.org forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have this same issue also! I figure I just needed to pony up and buy a better quality helmet.
But since you are having these issues with your ARAI, it's making me question my logic.

I've seen a couple of local racers wearing the Scorpion brand. They have little air pumps that allow the padding to be pumped up so its a tight fit against your cheeks. I am considering this for next season.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have a LS2 Carbon with a pump in it. Absolutely love it and much lighter than my shoei, which I had the same problem at the track. I wasn't sure I was going to pull the trigger on it at first until I saw a couple pros wearing the same helmet. Only thing I wish they had was a amber visor.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I second the idea of checking more than your helmet. I'm 5'7", so on the shorter side, and the superbike ergos keep me pretty stretched out, and so with my head leaned more back than on most bikes, so as to keep my eyes up.
Last year I wore a Shoei RF1100, and the little aero fin on the bottom back would snag the back hump on my jacket with my head leaned all the way back, and sometimes push the helmet down over my eyes, or interfere with side to side movement. I had to get a new helmet this year, and got one without the fin poking out, problem solved. You could be having a similar problem, exaggerated by a helmet that is slightly too big or padding too loose.

·
Registered
555 Posts
^ i see a lot of suits with the hump way up right below the collar. This seems like a really dumb mistake (like something that I would do). Big humps are nice for keeping the helmet off the ground, but they gotta be a few inches down from the collar

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
lol... u guys are going to laugh... I just wound up putting two sponges right under the crown padding and it fixed the problem lol Kind of ghetto but it worked

·
Registered
7 Posts
I deal with this issue with the use of head wrap or strap my chinstrap tighter. I use a hairspray sometimes whenever my helmet lowers my face.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts