Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing for a new helmet today and came across this site. They have some really nice models listed for ridiculously low prices. So low that I’m very skeptical. I’m already wary of buying helmets online. But I know and have worn these models and like all three of them. But they should all be about 7x-8x more expensive. What gives? Should I or anyone else care to roll the dice and see what shows up, if anything?

The site was buymotoworld. Com

·
Registered
114 Posts
Three months or so ago, a friend at work showed me (on his phone) a brand new "Arai Corsair" on eBay for some ridiculous price (well under $200).
He asked me if he should buy it. I said that I seriously doubted that it was legit, and asked him to forward it to me so I could look at the auction in full size.

When I saw "Country/Region of Manufacture: China" I knew I was on the right track.
Then I noted that there were no brow vents on the visor.

This isn't it, but one like it (probably the same seller). Have a look at it one, and especially the second pic: What do you note about the visor and side pods?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARAI-RX-7X-New-LE-Helmet-Motorcycle-EU-CORSAIR-X-US-Isle-of-Man-TT-Capace/292574423371?hash=item441ecb694b:m:mWicj6gUZWE4rrgt4Kh8RCQ&vxp=mtr
(You will have to scroll down a bit to see the actual helmet pics.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
The old adage never fails.

If it looks to good to be true...

I get it that the prices for Arai, Shoei and AGV helmets (among others) are at an all time high, some of which seems inflated to me...but since that is the norm these days, anything more than 30-40% off (last years color schemes, etc.) should ring a large caution bell.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I’ll add it to my Christmas list and start shopping for deals from forum supporters.

·
Registered
157 Posts
fake site. i also found this website but under a different name. prohelmetsale.com

Reactions: bowermad
1 - 8 of 8 Posts