Ducati.org forum banner

help 5ft 9in 140lbs 14 year old ducati 848 evo

8K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  P@rick 
#1 ·
Hello forum as you can see by the title I'm a 14 year old boy, at my height could I put my feet down also is the bike heavy in terms of feel Thanks for the help

#2 ·
I am 5 ft 7in tall with an inseam 0f 29 in.... I have to be on my tiptoes to balance the bike. The bike weighs about 350lbs, so yes it is heavy, but not something you can't figure out how to maneuver. I have seen very short girls ride a Hypermotard, which I think is a bit taller. Have your folks help you get started..... You will need them to be happy with your ride!!!

#10 ·
Oh, and I use a very thin neoprene seat. Do not make the mistake of lowering the bike by using the ride height adjustment, will make the bike run wide coming out of corners..in my opinion. The 848 is pretty sensitive to geometry changes. Mark Sutton @ the Ducshop set up an 848 for a young man from Canada. Also there was a youngster from Cal. Named Tyler Odom who raced an 848. So there are some kids who have been there....

#14 ·
Damn, I thought I was hot-shit getting an 848 at 22...I'm 5'8" and don't have any issues with being too short.

#22 ·
First off, let me just say that you are very VERY fortunate to be able to ride let alone own a Ducati at 14. There really is nothing else like them in the entire world. Truly a magnificent blend of raw power, and superior craftmanship. With that being said, I'm 5'9" and I can almost flat-foot my 2012 848 EVO. You shouldn't have a problem sitting on the bike. Riding it to its potential, that's where it becomes tricky. Good luck.

#29 ·
When it comes to it..i remember ProItalia was posting a picture of a 14yo kid got his Dad buy him an 848, but then he was being indecisive about the Panigale S...wondering if this is a real thing or a troll lol...
More likely a troll

#47 ·
Anorxic,

NOLA has a track day on the 21st of November if you need a reason to head to New Orleans. It's just an open bike day run by the track. A lot of the STT instructors show up to run the groups.

As for Mt Tremblant, never knew there was track there until last month when I was up there with the wife. I heard them running all day while I was on the mountain. Started asking the locals if there was a track around, guy in the ski shop pointed me in the right direction. Got back to the room and the wife was asking me what I was doing. Told her I was looking for the next available track day. She just laughed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.