Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm the differences and fitments of factory 999R carbon bodywork from '03-'04 to '05-'06?

Visually, I know they removed the upper air passages on the '05/'06 nose fairing. I can also see that the left side fairing is slightly shorter in length at the end of the side stand. I think that was done to give more clearance for the updated aluminum braced swingarm.*

So other than what I can visually see, will a left carbon side panel from an '05 999R fit and line up correctly with the carbon nose fairing of an '03/'04 999R?*

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm not sure about R versions but standard and S fairings don't fit between the two versions. The upper front "L" supports are lower on 02-04 and the nosecones are slightly different.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm not sure about R versions but standard and S fairings don't fit between the two versions. The upper front "L" supports are lower on 02-04 and the nosecones are slightly different.
Agreed, I have a mint 2005 999R complete fairing set and the nose cone mirror mounts don't line up, but the other mounting points are fine. I have to buy the 999R brackets.
Edit: I have a 2004 999S

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed, I have a mint 2005 999R complete fairing set and the nose cone mirror mounts don't line up, but the other mounting points are fine. I have to buy the 999R brackets.
Edit: I have a 2004 999S

I think I just recently spotted a pair of carbon mirror brackets on ebay. Good price too! Hard to find now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.