Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

The Costa Mesa PD is conducting a Motorcycle Safety Enforcement project through tomorrow 5/26. Several of us are annoyed that they are focusing on motorcycles and not a general Driving Safety Enforcement. To help them out, we have come up with the idea of flooding the streets of Costa Mesa with motorcyclists.

We are asking anyone who is out and about on their bikes to swing through Costa Mesa. Take a few detours through our fair city! Don't be shy, wave to fellow riders and just be out there and visible.

Costa Mesa Police Department Working To Improve Motorcycle Safety
Police to increase enforcement aimed at dangerous riders and careless motorists
The Costa Mesa Police Department will be conducting a specialized Motorcycle Safety
Enforcement Operation on May 19th and May 26th, 2012, in an effort to continue lowering deaths
and injuries. Extra officers will be on duty patrolling areas frequented by motorcyclists and
where motorcycle crashes occur. Officers will be looking for drivers and riders who are under
the influence of drugs or alcohol and cracking down on traffic violations made by regular vehicle
drivers, as well as motorcyclists that can lead to motorcycle collisions, injuries, and fatalities.
Read the CMPD press release here:
http://freepdfhosting.com/81b8272c97.pdf

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just curious... how does flooding the streets and getting all of us pulled over for stupid things help this? I would think that the better way is to get the word out to stay the fuck out of Costa Mesa and let them sit around without seeing 1 motorcycle in sight and waste their time?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Link didn't work for me so I don't know what it's about. All I know is one of the guys I ride with is a Santa Monica PD and he always says stay the hell out of those types of places on holiday weekends. Cops aren't looking to analyze anything. They are giving tickets, plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Exactly. There is no educational component, just enforcement.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The motorcycle awareness bulletins and message boards on the freeways are nice, but going after bikers won't do without more focus. Go after those idiot biker gang stunter packs who are the ones creating the hazards on the roads rather than regular folks who just want to ride.

·
Registered
496 Posts
How about stop going after motorist in general? Why not focus on violent crimes? Oh, is it because we already have enough law enforcement doing that? Okay, lets trim the fat then. We have way too many cops enforcing chicken shit laws, get these cops off the street.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
How about stop going after motorist in general? Why not focus on violent crimes? Oh, is it because we already have enough law enforcement doing that? Okay, lets trim the fat then. We have way too many cops enforcing chicken shit laws, get these cops off the street.
Right... do you realize how many people get hurt or injured in motor vehicle accidents? Ped v. car, car v. car, car v. immobile object... and I guess let's just let traffic enforcement be gone from priorities.

Go ahead and try to drive on the street with no traffic enforcement. I dare ya.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts