Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Its most likely coming from the crankcase breathing system. The reason for leaking could be many different things, but I'd first pop that hose off and make sure the black plastic adaptor piece is screwed in tightly. If it is, then first try to tighten the hose a bit more and see what happens.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely coming from the adaptor piece that screws in, I noticed it was a little bit damp around the base ages ago but it didn't start to actively leak like that until Friday.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Sustained high revs can build up considerable crankcase pressure, which is what has probably caused this leak. Singles and many twins tend to suffer from this more than IL4s (which have a more equal amount of pressure being created as two pistons rise and fall as opposites).

Mine broke the breather reed valve early in the piece (after a long day on the throttle..) so take off the black plastic housing and check the reeds.

It may just be due to the (flattened) hose being full of oil with the sustained revs, and be leaking past the clamp.

Make sure you haven't overfilled the crankcase level, as this could also cause this type of issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.