Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im intereseted in buying this bike from an acution but what would be a good price to pay for it and around how much would it be to fix it. Give me your opinion please. What parts would i need to buy and it states that the bike does turn on.
thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any more info on it? Mileage, year, etc? I see other than new paint, repair any fairings or replace, a front fairing stay bracket, maybe a headlight, and bar ends. 5k or so max depending on the other details. Oh and clean title?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Any more info on it? Mileage, year, etc? I see other than new paint, repair any fairings or replace, a front fairing stay bracket, maybe a headlight, and bar ends. 5k or so max depending on the other details. Oh and clean title?
I would pay $2750, cause you need completed fairing $1500-2000 plus all other parts set of mirrors, fairing stay..............etc will cost you other $500-1000 if you can find them on this forum so your total is $6k for salvage title bike

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would pay $2750, cause you need completed fairing $1500-2000 plus all other parts set of mirrors, fairing stay..............etc will cost you other $500-1000 if you can find them on this forum so your total is $6k for salvage title bike
I was basing it on him having a clean title and assuming low miles. I 100% agree with your price if it is salvage.

I just fixed mine with purchasing it (clean title) similar if not worse damage and came out at 7k maybe a tad over with many extras. I know for sure I was at $6,4xxx and some change on my 13' before i went nuts with going white and carbon fiber goodies.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It doesn't tell me how many miles it has on there and the year of the bike is 2011
But would you guys buy it for 2500? Is it worth fixing it up and having a salvage bike?
If you want a track bike yes. Changing the title to Rebuilt status so you can use it on the street depends on your state and how hard it is to register a salvaged vehicle. In Illinois it requires a specialized repair facility with documentation followed by a safety inspection. I would not take that on myself which is why I bought mine with cosmetic damage but a clean title.

At $2500 you could strip it and make that in parts though...but is it really even worth it? I'm sure there are some more experienced guys on here that can shed more light. I know many guys will not buy a salvaged bike also. Track use yes, street use no.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in California im going to try to buy it and put some money and fix it up and use it for street use. Hopefully it isnt to difficult to get it inspected by the DMV.
So for fixing it and using it myself spending 5K total is it a good price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.