Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my fathers 2001 monster 600. For some reason it is venting out all the gas and also oil.
Does anyone know what the cause could be? Can't go far without it dumping the gas and getting towed back home. I'll post i tired of the place where the hoses originate in the carburetor and where they vent out. Tire Auto part Bumper Automotive wheel system Rim Tire Automotive tire Auto part Wheel Rim

·
Registered
63 Posts
For the gas, it sounds like your floats are sticking in the carb. For the oil, if it coming out of the crankcase breather, that may be blow by from a toasted ring. Do you have the tools to do a compression test(assuming that is the crankcase breather tube)?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The oil is venting out the oil vent tubes at an extremely high rate. I don't have the bike so I'll have to check and let you know. It's only got about 6000 miles on the engine with oil changes every 2000 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.