Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 848 EVO and have a set of Ohlins 1098S Ohlins forks.

After further research, I discovered my lowers will not fit and therefore need 56mm versions.

Anyone have a lower or set of triples that will fit my setup?

Any assistance you could provide would be greatly

SERIOUS BUYER and NEED ASAP!

Thanks,

Jimmy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where are you located?

There's lots on ebay. I have new triples currently on the truck coming to me and I have a 1098s. So taking stock off. Maybe we can figure something out? At least u know they r good and who I am vs who knows online...

·
Registered
24 Posts
As Others have pointed out, mounting ohlins forks on an 848 are not as easy as it appears ( ask me how i know). Besides the difference in the neck height, the steering lockouts are located in the rear of the neck tube on 848s, and on the front on 1098/1198. TADASHI has a set of triples for sale that will fit your bill. It will improve the offset, as well as the rake. Shoot him a PM

·
Registered
47 Posts
@Duc173 -

Appreciate the feedback. I actually did contact Tadashi and inquired about the Ducshop triples he had for sale and was probably late by a day or two after it was sold! DOH! =x

A fellow member (PhilDucati) was able to send me a slightly modded 1098S lower which I in turn shipped off to Mark at DucShop. He's inserting the correct stem and new bearing which should work with my current setup and should be arriving later this morning.

I believe he mentioned that I may have to do some slight modifications to the stoppers which we'll probably do tomorrow once we receive the lowers.

Here's to hoping for a smooth install later today...Wish Me Luck! ; )

PS - I'll probably still end up upgrading my triples down the road. Just want to put the bike together and get back on the road already as I've been absolutely itching to be back on two wheels...

·
Registered
24 Posts
@Duc173 -

Appreciate the feedback. I actually did contact Tadashi and inquired about the Ducshop triples he had for sale and was probably late by a day or two after it was sold! DOH! =x

A fellow member (PhilDucati) was able to send me a slightly modded 1098S lower which I in turn shipped off to Mark at DucShop. He's inserting the correct stem and new bearing which should work with my current setup and should be arriving later this morning.

I believe he mentioned
that I may have to do some slight modifications to the stoppers which we'll probably do tomorrow once we receive the lowers.

Here's to hoping for a smooth install later today...Wish Me Luck! ; )

PS - I'll probably still end up upgrading my triples down the road. Just want to put the bike together and get back on the road already as I've been absolutely itching to be back on two wheels...
Im glad it worked out. I wound up getting a set of Duc shop 30 mm triples as well. Mark sent me the correct length threaded stem to make the setup work. ( another brilliant cost saving measure was the "pressed in" steering stem on all 848's)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.