Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a fender eliminator and license plate cover with LED turn signals for my 2007 1098S. I bought resistors that mimic incandescent bulbs, however I don't want them hanging in between the pipes. Therefore, I'd like to neatly tuck them inside of the tail section. However, I can't find any videos on how to access this area?

Do I have to remove the entire tail section or can I simply pull off the black plastic cover from under the tail to gain access?

I can't believe I can't find videos on YouTube for this....

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
395 Posts
You should be able to get enough room by removing the black undertail cover, but i think you need to pull the cans off and possible the plate holder assembly to get that piece off. When i did my fender eliminator kit i had to take the whole tail off...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can remove the cans and the license plate holder without issue. My question is whether the black plastic piece can be removed without completely removing the tail section?

Or is taking the tail section off pretty easy?

·
Registered
395 Posts
The black underside is easy to get off, just be careful you do not break off the tabs that hold it on. You need to slide the whole underside piece back a little bit to disengage the little plastic hooks that keeps it hooked into the tail section.

I can't find any good images online to show you what i mean so please accept my crappy drawing below :)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
just take the whole tail section off. it's super easy and will make accessing everything easier as well. i take mine off routinely for customizing and cleaning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts