Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow 848'ers,

I've always LOVED the look of the 5 star MV Agusta F4 rear wheel..

I've been looking for a nice set of Gold wheels for my 848 and came across a deal for an F4 wheel.

I recently came across this thread:

http://www.ducati.org/forums/1098-1198/16141-mv-agusta-wheels.html

So it sounds like it may fit with the 848 hub. Just not sure if it would require modifications or additional mods.

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience or could tell me for sure whether or not the rear wheel would fit on my 2012 848? Don't wanna spend the money for an expensive "paper weight" if it doesn't fit.

Would love to be able to have the best of both worlds...would look totally custom and it would be something different.

ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance fellas..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Short answer no.
I had a 2006 F4 and I know I was unable to swap wheels with a 1098/1198 as I wanted a pair of lighter weight wheels and saw a few for sale that were Ducati take offs.
You would be surprised at how heavy the MV "star" wheels are, all be they are cool looking. So does that mean it won't fit on a 848... I would say within 95% certainty it won't.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zip...

I kinda of figured they wouldn't but just thought I ask.

Gonna continue to search for some light weight Gold wheels.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
All MV Wheels and Front, Rear and Rotors NOT NOT fit in any Ducati, Only Calipers from 2007-2015 MV F4 fit with Ducati 999r to 1299

Reactions: Avrgsr

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ Johnny

Yes, I CAN'T WAIT to get them!

Getting the rear wheel for now (still gotta wait 2 months or so for the front wheel to be available), but super excited to throw it on.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I'm assuming you went with gold?? They are much lighter than stock, quite strong too!

Wish I had them on the racebike.....

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Johnny,

Yep, went with the Gold set and just got it. I almost thought it was the wrong box when they handed it to me at the post office as I couldn't believe how unbelievably light they were!!

Waiting for my forks and shocks to come in on Monday before I put them on! Can't wait! :)

PS - WOW! Your stockers took a BEATING! Guess it was meant for you to upgrade..lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts