Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aight duc owners...I got my hyper back from my mechanic after the 18k service and the engine light stayed on he couldn't turn it off, his software only went up to 2020..I also had a T map with the 02 sensors disconnected before hand, everything was fine...I put the map back in and the light was off, rode around for a bit BOOM light on bike stalls this was happening more and more, termi had me try other maps, still stalls, I have an scproject CT slip on so they gave me arrow srn before my service, now it's causing me trouble, restored original map kinda helped but still malfunction, reconnected sensors and the scan tool showed ecu not reading them...FUCK...tried 4 different maps... as of 4 days ago I uploaded the arrow son map, NO LIGHT NO STALLING, and the occasional POP is back from the sensors.. is it possible that the ecu is reading them and the map is preventing it from stalling? It was stalling as I was starting off, or idling or in 5th or 6th u think it's throttle bodies?? The duc mechanic is even confused

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try to test ride both. Your opinion is the only one that matters. I owned a 2008 1100S for ten years and 32,500 miles. loved it but found the huge amount of low down torque was dangerous in the very tight roads in the mountains. Rode a friends 821 Hyperstrada and really liked it. It seemed to carry the weight lower and felt more nimble and was easier to ride on very tight roads. They are very different bike both in feel and power delivery. The 821 is a softer delivery and then ultimately has more power in the upper rpm range. It just felt lighter which I believe it is not. Again I cannot stress ride both and see what brings the biggest smile to your face. I really like the idea of ABS as I have gotten older I trust my reflexes less and less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts