Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Yess!
I'm digging to get one but, will be my 1st shot at it.
This Hero 4 would be over kill for me but, then again it will lower the pricess of the predecessors models.

·
Registered
310 Posts
not sure if gopro does this at all of the events they sponsor or co-sponsor but we got a $100 coupon at Indy MotoGP. We signed up for a give away at their tent didnt win but it also signed us up for the 100 off coupon.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still using the Hero 2, which is still amazing. Probably won't get a Hero 4 until I have a 4k TV which at the moment are the same price as a used motorcycle. I love watching the demo video on their website though.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Didn't they just come out with the Hero 3 about a year ago or less?? I can't keep up with these upgrades! I'm still using the first model (Hero)! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I use my GoPro Hero 3 Black edition every time I go out using an adhesive mount on the tank. I can see my hands, dash and have a great cockpit view. I shoot at 1080p at 30fps. The new GoPro Hero 4 entry level camera does the same at $129. At that price it would be fun to get another to put one on my tail section to get a rear view as well.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Perhaps it's time to package my Hero 3 Black, and all accessories up for the classifieds. Used it once and loaned it to Mark NYC and haven't seen it since! Lol. Hope he didn't lose anything cause I have ALL the accessories too! ;)
Funny thing is that for the 2-3 track days I loaned it to him for he left it home on the kitchen table. I wonder what the Hero 4 steppeD up over the 3? Guess I should read and answer my own questions huh?

·
Registered
104 Posts
The GoPro Hero 4 Black edition has 4K resolution at 30fps. Digital movie theaters are using 4K resolution because the 4K resolution is equivalent to the resolution in film.

The GoPro Hero 4 Silver edition has has 1080p at 60fps with a touch screen LCD.

The entry level GoPro has 1080p at 30 fps for $129 making it accessible to the general public and I would argue enough performance for motorcycle videos!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The interesting thing about this "update" is that it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. GoPro were slated to make a major update at the beginning of 2015, but it looks like they decided to change the entire lineup in preparation. Perhaps they're concerned about another holiday season going by without a better lineup.

The Hero 4 has the new A9 processor, which is why it can do such high frame rates, but outside of that feature, the sensor and lens are identical to its predecessor. I have a suspicion, there will be ANOTHER new camera within 6 months time at NAB in April 2015.

So if you're going to sell Hero 3 Black's… you may wish to hold off until April to see what happens. :)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
AHA!
Finally a term I recognize! I just bought the Samsung Ultra HD 4K TV and watching shows in 4K mode is UNREAL. Its like they are filming it live and you are there as part of the cast standing in the scene with them!

So anyway, what does this do to my luck at selling the Hero 3 Black? (LMFAO!!! : )

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
AHA!
Finally a term I recognize! I just bought the Samsung Ultra HD 4K TV and watching shows in 4K mode is UNREAL. Its like they are filming it live and you are there as part of the cast standing in the scene with them!

So anyway, what does this do to my luck at selling the Hero 3 Black? (LMFAO!!! : )
I'll start the bid at $50 for your Hero 3 Black! :D

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
AHA!
Nice! Samsung has the best LCD panels on the market today. Most companies who build display devices of any kind, use Samsung displays.

The whole 4k deal is kinda years away however, as terrestrial US broadcasts are in either 720p or 1080i. All of the distribution equipment is set to either one of those two standards. It's about bandwidth restrictions and at this point, our channels are already using up about the most they can get.

Ultra High definition televisions (2k or 4k) use a trick of converting the 59.94 (60hz) sample rate to 120hz or 240hz, which gives the illusion of cleaner, more realistic motion. This is why people see a huge difference in image quality, from the same source.

You should try Netflix streaming sometime. They're heavily marketing House of Cards and Breaking Bad in 4k. Amazon Prime and Google (youtube) are working on solutions, but nobody has gone on-line as of yet.

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
well that didn't take long...

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Never mind that he's 100% accurate. Clearly irrelevant.
And?? I simply made an observation...wasn't doubting anyone's comments...wasn't trying to disagree or agree with anything. Just making an observation is all.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
Never mind that he's 100% accurate. Clearly irrelevant.
LOL what makes ANYONES opinions 100% accurate? Clearly some White Knighting going on here..

lets break it down.

Nice! Samsung has the best LCD panels on the market today. Most companies who build display devices of any kind, use Samsung displays.

Opinion?

The whole 4k deal is kinda years away however, as terrestrial US broadcasts are in either 720p or 1080i. All of the distribution equipment is set to either one of those two standards. It's about bandwidth restrictions and at this point, our channels are already using up about the most they can get.

Is he talking true "broadcast" over the air? I happen to be one of the folks that uses over the air and seems to be it's way ahead of cable. And I'm not understanding the "bandwidth" statement again over the air or cable?

Ultra High definition televisions (2k or 4k) use a trick of converting the 59.94 (60hz) sample rate to 120hz or 240hz, which gives the illusion of cleaner, more realistic motion. This is why people see a huge difference in image quality, from the same source.

Trick? 4K resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should try Netflix streaming sometime. They're heavily marketing House of Cards and Breaking Bad in 4k. Amazon Prime and Google (youtube) are working on solutions, but nobody has gone on-line as of yet.

Hey agree here cut that cable TV

Reactions: 219R
1 - 20 of 39 Posts