48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

greetings from Belgium.

Anyoe else here from Belgium? :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
For those of you who do not know, Peet already has his 1098s and has ridden it (hard)! Welcome Peet.

CAG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yo guys

Hi, i'm still waiting for my ride, but it will arrive. :)
I'm also from Belgium, Antwerp.
Nice to hear there are a few Belgian owners on the forum.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Peet welcome to the forum !!!!! :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, from Belgium as well. The Limburg area.
My 1098S is still at the dealer in the showroom, I have decided to leave it there until the wetter gets a bit better. Probably beginning april somewhere.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Brussels - what about parking

Just in the process of moving to Brussels, Ixelles. Anyone any ideas of where I can rent or buy secure parking for my bike?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys,

From Belgium too, living in Oudenaarde, and impatiently waiting 4 my 848 to be delivered "somewhere in february 2008" ...

Have a look at my 848-blog on http://www.bloggen.be/ducdirk/

"If it's raining, it surely must be Belgium ... " :-(((

·
Registered
110 Posts
hi

Dirk

they will be long days waiting for the new bike. Were are teh best places to go for a spin around Brussels?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everybody,

My 848 was delivered 3 weeks ago (first Duc) and I'm enjoying every sec I ride it :)

I'm from Antwerp.

We'll be doing the Alps 2 times this year :smoking:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ah! You guys are killing me. My dream is to see the Ronde Van Vlaanderen and Liege Bastogne Liege in person. But alas, I am stuck here in California

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Peet, greatings from Belgium near Ghent.

As for Doug if you want great roads try the region around Oudenaarde. Take the direction from Brussels towards Ninove and from there you explore the region of Geraardsbergen, Oudenaarde, Mons, ... A lot of classic bike races take place in this region and thats no wonder. Stay away from the climbs made in 'belgian heads' though, hardly suited for a racing bicycle, not at all for a racing motorbike. Oh and be carefull there are some speedtraps on the way. Also try the roads in the Ardennes (near Chimay and Francorchamps, old circuit is great experience).

Proroad I'm not trying to make you jealous but part of the parcours of Ronde van Vlaanderen is were I go cycling when weather permits. And best of all its also the region where people respect you as a (motor)cyclist. The day before the Ronde van Vlaanderen there's a big gathering of amateur cyclists. This year the weather was bad so we were only some 12000 (in 2007 there was a record 17000 partcipants).

There are lots of foreign cyclists that come to Belgium to experience the course for themselves on Saturday and watch the race on Sunday. Try one day to take a small vacation and come and experience it for yourself. But get prepared before you start. The whole course is 260 km and takes you over some of the hardest hill in the Flemish Ardennes (same massif as Liege Bastonge Liege). Theres also a smaller 100 km version with most of the hills. In the region you can also take the Eddy Merckx (God on a bike) course around Oudenaarde.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey all
my 1098 arived last thursday at my dealer, i'll have it home this friday ...
i'm from north of antwerp (hoogstraten)
i recently started v-twin.be, for all twin sportriders ....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts