Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone here had this problem i find my self fighting my MTS 1200 enduro over 90 mph i don't think is normal the bike is shaking at high speed i ride with other MTS 1200s and 950s and they done have this problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Definitely not normal. I've had mine up to 140+ on the track and no stability problems at all. Check the normal things depending on how many miles you've done - as above, abnormal tire wear, wheel balance, wheel bearings, head set bearings, swing arm bearings. Any of these out and they could contribute.

·
Registered
'01 750SS ie
20 Posts
Even some "non-standard" stuff can be the problem like... 30 lbs of stuff in a tail trunk, improper lowering the bike cause you have short legs, tire "runout", etc..... more info needed here I think.

·
Registered
550 Posts
If your referring to head shake? Try scooting back in the seat...if it goes away or steadies up...there might be a bit too much preload in the rear

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar problem. Turned out that the front axle pinch bolts were left loose at the last tire change by the mechanic. Torquing the bolts properly cured the problem, but by that time the front tire was somewhat "cupped".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts