Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not going to be around this weekend but I'm also in ny and have done the 9W ride. It's a good trip. If you have the time, it's worth riding up to the top of bear mountain at the end. I rode up there a few weeks ago from the city, and there were a ton of bikers hanging out in the picnic area at the top. The views are awesome and you'll really feel like you escaped the city.

For the ride home, you can cross the hudson and ride back to the city on the east side, or take the palisades parkway if you want to pick up some speed.

We should try to catch up for a ride sometime.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mikey, I'll break my back and ride the duc from NYC to NC. NOT - but I'll give you shout out if I'm ever in the NC.

covetAblender - I'll stay in touch & let me know when you're free to ride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I still have NC plates on my bike, but hopefully I'll get all my paperwork taken care of after school tomorrow. If I do I'll go out to LI and pick up my bike, PM and we can trade info some time. I'm down in the financial district, where are you at? I am going to miss the back roads around NC this summer though...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Brooklyn. I rode 9w to bear mountain today and it was like a ducati get together. We can ride out east to L.I. or New Jersey. The boroughs will be crazy tomorrow because of the bike tours. If we head out early we should be good. Give me a call tomorrow morning at 347-709-5331 or shoot me an email @ [email protected].

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was great meeting you guys yesterday and it was a fun ride. We gotta hit other twisty roads outside NYC.

We rode the GCP to the Northern State Parkway then MeadowBrook Parkway to Jones Beach. We hit a few twisties and there was a nice stretch on the Meadowbrook Parkway to open up the bike. We made a pit stop at Nautical Mile in Freeport for grub. It was a chili near jones beach but still a great day. No traffic, no cops, no lane splitting and all fun. What more can we ask for?

Here are some pics of our bikes

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts