Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,539 Posts
Necessity is the Mother of Invention, but some of the tools from Ducati really are very nice, time saving, and protect the very expensive parts. Also Hdesa makes some, but I have never used any, so I cannot give a review, perhaps another Forum member has first hand experience. I do know some friends have made a "clutch holding tool" out of used steel clutch plates welded to a handle. Works very well.....

· Registered
7,539 Posts
Just finished pulling, and re-installing a primary gear on my 848 (yes it is tapered) had to use these two badboys.

Auto part Machine Metal Tool accessory Machine tool

· Registered
7,539 Posts
Oh when this one "popped", it scared the shit out of me!!! Tightening the nut was why I had to use the "cresant shaped flywheel holder,... I always love the guys who replace the flywheels with super lightweight units that have the recesses machined down, and then have to remove a 350nm alternator nut, or for that matter, tighten the primary thru the crankshaft to 190nm.... makes my day!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.