1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Can you make me one?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Yeah, sure, it's copied. But the strengthening is original, and it's a mostly tidy job. Having done a bit of this I know the sort of time a one-off like this takes to make.

I can't quite see in the pics, but do you have the stock yokes? Because they don't really lend themselves to this type of lifter, the lower one being a curved casting without the large central hole of the non-standard replacements.

Not a problem with most of the 30mm etc offset aftermarket yokes, which generally have about a 1/2" hole under them.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
It's doesn't take talent to copy.
Not saying he hasn't done a nice job but taking someone else's idea does not take talent.
Show us all your stand .

Reactions: PhilaDucati848

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
You should stand up for yourself then .

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Just a stand ard colour would be best .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bstar360,

Is a copy, I did not hide it, I began this thread by saying that, showed the photo from the original.
It was just a need that I had, and as I had the means to do it, so I did it.
Is for personal use only, I will not gain anything from it. Just shared what I did, since this is the purpose of the forum.

Pat1098,

Yes I have the stock yokes, I will take photos from the joint.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
No need to explain there is only one person who does not under stand .

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not saying he hasn't done a nice job but taking someone else's idea does not take talent.
No but it takes talent to bend, weld, measure, bend, fabricate wash rinse repeat.

I'm not a fabricator but have friends who are and I've watched them build things from pieces of pipe and metal into items such as what has been built here. It DOES take talent.

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
I'm not taking anything away from you but when I saw the title I was thinking of something in wood. Home made implies anyone with a home can do it. I have a decent garage some decent tools.

But that looks top notch not homemade :)

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts

Ask the Chinese how easy it is to copy something. Its not like he was taking credit for the initial design.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts