Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you do a quick search on the internet you will realize everyone has stopped using Shorai and replaced theirs with the next generation of LiFePO4 batteries from brands such as EarthX and HaiJu (which makes scorpion, WPS, Deltran, and even the ducati approved Skyrich) under the belief that Shorais don't have BMS/balancers and the brands mentioned earlier do.

This is debatable but one thing I know is that the EarthX brand is backed by multiple aviation forums and the Haiju brands are backed by jetski forums. Use of batteries in either of these situations suggest that the brands I mentioned are that much more robust than shorais (which only seems to be talked about in the motorcycle community)

·
Registered
369 Posts
With good maintenance and proper care most things these day will last you an incredibly long time, especially considering the price you have to pay for Shorais. What you need is the added safety in the event of improper care whether intentional or not.

There is certainly at least one person in this world who has had a bad experience with every brand. However, if you're in the market for a new LiFePO4, I'd definitely consider getting what's best or better and also what's cheapest for the bike.

A back to back comparison under the same conditions may very well give HaiJu and EarthX that extra edge over its competitors currently due to their integrated BMS that is supposedly not found in Shorai. That is still up for debate as one Shorai rep told me they have started integrating BMS while another said otherwise.

Regardless, a brand such as Skyrich which is backed by Ducati will no doubt gives you that extra assurance and peace of mind that their batteries are potentially that much better

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.