Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my charger and battery yesterday. I was going to try the charger and make sure the battery was at 100% before installing. Charger was DOA and had to be sent back. But upon inspecting this unit I was disappointed in the overall build quality of this unit. The pigtail and that attaches to the battery and has the weather boot on the other end has an exposed circuit board/ connector that I cant imagine will last long in the motorcycle environment. I say exposed because the half-A-- attempt at some weather proofing is like none at all. The wires and connectors are of the quality you would find inside your desktop computer ( Very thin wires and connectors) The whole setup has a very low quality look and feel to it.
So boxed it up and sent it back.
I did however hook my batter tender jr. up to it and it charged it in less that about 30min.
I understand you can use the Deltran charger because it does not have the anti-sulfate mode but can you leave the Battery Tender on it for extended periods of time? Also I understand that if the battery gets below 25% a tender will not bring it back only the Shorai charger...... is that right?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Battery Tender Jr .

Out of pure habit I always hook the bike up to my battery tender jr. after rides. So it's ok to do that with the Shorai ? As you know the 999 has the immobilizer
with the blinking LED, so there must be some
drain. (?)

Just installed my new Shorai, and it was a snap. Spins the bike over rapidly. Hope it lasts .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.