Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just became the newest 1098R owner:yo:
worked the deal today and signed all the papers. will pick it up tomorrow!! can't wait to pt my ass on the beast:mad:
cheers.......SPOKE

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Nice!!!

You are going to be riding a bike that SO FEW will ever ride and SO MANY wish they could!!!! I'm one that wishes I could!!! The 1098 was a dream for me and it still is. I realized that dream. NOW I dream about the "R".

I'm jealous and I hope you ride it like it is meant to be ridden!!!! HARD!! Enjoy man and congrats!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats. The 1098r would be my dream bike (yeah, even more than the d16rr). Also, this thread is worthless without pics. Post some pics of your new ride!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
many thanks.....

for the kind comments. hope to have some pics over the next couple days. If the installiation of the "go fast" bits goes as planned i'll bring it home tomorrow. I'll be sure to take the long way home:p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry.....

no pics yet. what i can tell you is i think giving up my 1098s and Triumph Daytona 675 was an excellent decision;) this bike is the most incredible thing i have ever ridden (except for.......) i have about 200mi on it now and i've only rev'd it to about 7k but it's scary strong. anything below about 3k rpm is a pretty ugly mess. you can tell that the tune is geared much more for track use. when you install the full Termi system with the ECU the exhaust flapper valve and CAT are eliminated. I'm sure that if i had left the other exhaust installed driveability at the lower revs would be better. the rear tire won't last long on this beast!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts