Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ducati has recently informed all Ducati Stores (I have a copy of the mail) that
- 1000 orders have been taken
- production will began in July 2007
- 482 orders from 999 R owners will be served before Dec 31, 2007
- 515 remaining orders (including mine ;) ) will be served before June 30, 2008
- other coming orders, taken before February 2007, will be served before August 31, 2008

For new orders, taken in 2007, the price is raised from 55 kEuros to 60 kEuros (I dont know the raise in US $)

You know all the stuff guys :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Pierre,

Thanks???

:cry:

I guess I can put a positive spin on this by focusing on the fact I now have almost A YEAR more time to save my pennies than I was originally promised.

Thanks for the update, since I am NOT a previous R owner, I wait at the end of the line with you.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Guess its a good thing that I can't afford one, else the wait would kill me.

Wave at the rest of us mortals when you blaze on by!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I spoke with Pro Italia on Friday, they didn't have much good news...Jake just pretty much confirmed that the previous R owner's orders should be filled in 2007, and the balance will be early 2008, which would include mine.

The anticipation is unbearable! I test rode PI's 1098S and it was a very impressive machine. The two things that stick out in my memory were the fantastically strong front brakes, and the 'on-a-rail' handling characteristics when I was banked over in the sweepers...Just a nibble, but enough to know you 1098S owners must already be very happy...

G

·
Strange...when I was at MotoGP last year and saw the Desmo, I spoke to the man from DNA who was in charge of the entire program who told me himself that the bike was going to be $65,000. Now you're telling me you've heard it's being raised to $81,000? Hmmm...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pierre Col said:
Ducati has recently informed all Ducati Stores (I have a copy of the mail) that
- 1000 orders have been taken
- production will began in July 2007
- 482 orders from 999 R owners will be served before Dec 31, 2007
- 515 remaining orders (including mine ;) ) will be served before June 30, 2008
- other coming orders, taken before February 2007, will be served before August 31, 2008

For new orders, taken in 2007, the price is raised from 55 kEuros to 60 kEuros (I dont know the raise in US $)

You know all the stuff guys :)
Is such a monstruous engine even legal on French roads? dont you guys have the 106HP limitation?
1 Euro = $1.36 that's gonna hurt bad...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Texaskid...if you put a deposit on the bike by 1/31/07 the bike was $65k
new price is now $72500 according to my dealer.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hot Frog said:
Is such a monstruous engine even legal on French roads? dont you guys have the 106HP limitation?
1 Euro = $1.36 that's gonna hurt bad...
The bike will be delivered full legal for France, giving 106 hp at limited rev (5000 rpm I guess).
A kind of Ctrl+Alt+suppr key sequence on the dashboard will give back the 200+ hp for trackdays ;)

European price was EUR 55,000, so about $ 75 k :eek:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1200 orders for the Desmosedici RR !

QUOTE http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~0~id~148880.htm

Ducati to sell 1,200 MotoGP replicas!

By Mike Nicks

Ducati, which planned to make no more than 400 copies of its Desmosedici RR MotoGP replica, has announced that it has received a remarkable 1,200 orders for the 990cc machine - worth around 68 million euros (£46 million) in business.

And the Italian company, whose 800cc GP7 model is leading this year's MotoGP championship, will deliver the first of the road-legal replicas nearly two months ahead of the original schedule, at World Ducati Week in Misano on June 28-July 1.

"The response to the bike exceeds all our expectations, and the total surprises everyone who hears it," Van Epps, the factory's director of product marketing, told Crash.net. "We are currently organising the production area for the bike in the factory. For the first time, Ducati Corse [the company's racing division which builds the MotoGP and World Superbike machines) is being invited to extend its expertise to a more production-based project."

Ducati originally expected a limited number of rich collectors or hyper-enthusiasts to buy the Desmosedici RR, which was launched last year and is based on the GP6 machine on which Loris Capirossi won three MotoGP races in 2006.

The 16-valve V4, which features gear-drive to its twin overhead camshafts, is priced at £37,000 (55,000 Euros) for those who placed an order before February 2007, and £40,600 (60,000 Euros) for subsequent customers. Each has had to pay a deposit of 15,000 Euros (£10,000).

And, as in its racing activities, Ducati is again beating its Japanese rivals to the flag in producing the first ever street-legal MotoGP replica.

"We are now learning how to build the bike in the factory," Epps told Crash.net. "We are trying to find efficiencies in building sub-assemblies off-line rather than on the production line. If we assume that we're going to build 10 or 20 bikes a day, it's then pretty easy to work out whether we need one or two production lines, and one or two shifts."
QUOTE : http://www.crash.net/news_View~cid~6~id~149043.htm

'Pre-series' Desmosedici RR at WDW.

Following Crash.net's weekend story, further details have now been received regarding the precise production and delivery schedule for the much anticipated Ducati Desmosedici RR MotoGP replica.

The first bikes will not be delivered at World Ducati Week, at Misano on June 28-July 1, but a 'pre-series' bike will make some laps of the circuit ridden by Ducati's MotoGP test rider Vittoriano Guareschi, in front of a number of people that have reserved a machine. A static Desmosedici RR will also be on show.

Production of the 990cc bike will then begin in August 2007 with the delivery of the first 485 units (to 999R owners) completed by 31 December 2007. Delivery of the next 515 units (first 1000 bikes) will be completed by 30 June 2008 and delivery of all remaining reservations completed by August 2008.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Doesn't AMA homologation require only 350 units be imported annually? Does this mean the DesmoSedici might qualify for AMA superbike racing?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The bike is going to be unreal. Imagine about 45 + more horsepower than a 1098s !!!! And possibly electronic traction control. God only knows how cool it will be. I am hearing that for non R owners, that ordered at the start, deliveries will be after the first of the year (which is fine here in Chicago).

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My understanding is that production was to begin in August. I am now hearing that it will begin in October. The "R" owners will get their bikes first, probably January or February, possibly later. The rest will follow throughout the year. I have a feeling that some other "special" stuff is coming sooner (January)......

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
ALLRIGHT GUYS; earlier today I spoke with my dealer and he CONFIRMED that my desmosedici will be delivered within June 2008; he has a technician in Italy right at this moment learning about the ins and outs of the Desmosedici RR (they are supposed to follow some kind of a technical school that costs the dealer over $ 14,000 to attend); this technician confirmed that the production started and that before the end of this year the 999r owners will begin receiving their DD16. I was also told news about the new 848 that my son will purchase. KEEP your fingers crossed....perhaps we are getting closer to the delivery. Ciao

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes, my dealer noted given the cost of sending/training a tech on the D16RR, he would have to sell two D16RR's to break even, and three to make a profit. When did you place an order?

1 - 20 of 289 Posts