Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot has to do with the rider, but i wonder if I took out my 998 out with some minor mods would be a joke or could it hold its own?
(yes I know it will be running with bikes that 50hp more. but it the straight the only place where your going to get got?)

Racer input please,

(my 998 has about 135rw hp and with race skins probley make it weigh 400ish lbs)

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to have my 998 run 1:16 or less at RRR in G.A. and I feel I have the talent for that being as a amateur I was running mid 1:17 on the old track tarmac...How much faster is the track now then it was 10 years ago?

I ran 1:37's at VIR witch took me quite ome getting usto. soo i just hope to get to 1:35's there.

And Ohlins USA is in my back yard and I have Brad Stokes to set up my suspension for me, (I just wish I could take him to the track with me.)

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A work colleague has an 998 which was massaged by Fast by Ferraci and tge engine was dyno'ed at 175hp. It's actually going back for more massaging. As the other guys have said, you already have a great bike. Get it setup and scare the crap out of the guys or more modern bikes :)
Can you PM me or tell me about your friend? And how much $$$$ he has or FBF has in to that motor? how long will that motor last?

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You can make 150rwhp reliably with the 998 lump with R cam's and high compression pistons. Much over that is RS cam's and raising the rev limit from 11k ish to 13k ish, which reduces the engine life substantially. The RS cam's are pretty magical, but do require a lot of maintenance and are pretty much unobtanium. At least with the 999 "R" cam's, you can sometimes find them on ebay.
So 150 rwhp takes how much higher compresion pistons? and "R" cams ... is that it.... And a race ECU... ya?

150 RWHP works perfect with my rider capability. I can do just about whatever the Hp and suspension can do up to that point, safley... (ive never been on a higher hp race bike for more then a few laps)

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
How much just for the track day? as I have Ohlins USA in my back yard and Brad Stokes does all my suspension work A+ man. And Id be happy to do that for the motor but I dont have the money right now as I am preping a custom bike for the DC IMS "performance custom" class And I need to save up for a new slave cylinder and a cool set of M/C's and levers. thanks for the invite, if there is anyone going from near Asheville NC I have my warmers redy and stands. but im only gona run the bike at 92-95% as there is too much stock body work and weight to make it feel instantly 100% to me I think.... So can I catch a ride to the track lol

Anyone doing the USDESMO track day at RRR at the end of Oct?

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just missed early registration :( It's $160 for a single day, $280 for two days. Ever been to Jennings? Motorcycle only track that is pretty nice. 14 turns, 2 miles and a great group to ride with.

I was a control rider there for a day and yes I know the track lol, about 10 races, 7 trackdays, and 150 laps + (on a 60hp 2V duc I was getting 25's all day without a sweet, what are your times and other sbk times?) (and yes I know in the grand scheeam of thing 25's are not that fast but I got a fever, and the only prescription is more HP lol)

If I can catch a free ride down there i can go... otherwise im stuck)

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Aww, sweet! Yeah, I'm a CR with this group. I was running .25's on my 996. Haven't had my 848 out there more than a weekend before I got the dreaded shifter stuck in neutral problem. Headed back out very soon. I definitely understand your fever :) You could put a cowbell on the back of the bike.
I will put a cowbell on the back if you get me there, I just went to Ohlins usa where I got a 20mm fork kit and tuned up my rear R/T (for free) and I would love a set of skins (whatever shape) but either way I just need a rear slick to match my front and im golden

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I received an email back from him, but he has all the info in the US. I will get back to you as soon as I hear more. You could always send an enquiry to Fast by Ferraci yourself :)
I say friend but he is a online friend who for the likes of me I missed placed his name. And he swares by the mods i said. I also contacted FBF and havent goten an ansure yet so if you can ... be my guest .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.