Ducati.org forum banner

How do you set up air mixture without Co2 equipment?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Sack 
#1 ·
I know, setting up the fuel air mixture should require a Co2 emissions tester... But i don't have one, no ducati dealer is close to me and the other motorcycle dealers in my area would do that for me, but in winter times. Well winter time in south New Mexico is far away and i don't wanna waste these beautifull days without riding my italian diva. Its a 93 900ss with stock carbs and stage 2 installed also 42.5 pilots (workshop manual says these are stock in there) okay anyways... How can i still get a gut setup of my mixture? Screws are out 3.5 turns now and the sparkplugs are black. So i turned it to 2.5 turns. Its starting but no tome today for further testing. How do you work on these problems?

Greetings

Sack

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

#4 ·
Warning, Only do that if you know what you are doing, especially with your car.

you have to adjust one cylinder at the time. I used my X5 for this project. Take a Lambda or also called o2 sensor and place it in the first exhaust manifold by unscrewing the inlet screw of the exhaust manifold. Seal it. I used "the right stuff". extend the wire and connect it to the cars o2 connector ( the cars one needs to be disconnected). Start the bike and start the car with diagnostic tester connected to the car. read the emission values and adjust them by the fuel mixture screw till it reaches the values given for your bike. do the same with the other cylinder. After your done, reconnect the cars o2 sensor and clear all errors that occurred because of wrong emission values the car recognized ( The car will say catalytic converter catastrophic fail and o2 sensors not working)

Thats it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.