Registered
137 Posts
crazy the bike can take them both if it had better gears would of hit 200

Reactions: Carbonholic

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bike was ridden by Chris Northover of Superbike Magazine. It maxed out as it hit the Rev limiter at 192mph, a second ahead of the cars on the track.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
That's great -)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Saw this video a couple of days ago. Super cool that you let them use your bike like that. Cheers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wilf said one of the bikes he sold was doing this! Awesome. Yeah ur right, I reckon with less of the front coming up good chance the SL would have hit the line first despite the running out!

Bet your liking it much!

·
Registered
938 Posts
gone are the days where in 600cc sports bike can leave any production car to dust. In this video I can not beleive that the car's won on the strait line, there is just no way right?

Its like having a bad dream. over a year ago I pleasantly cruising on the free way when a freaking nissan gtr tailgated me. and he went on my side and gave a friendly wave. I downshifted and opened the throttle as I know he wants to race. as expected I left him behind, but after 5-10 seconds he blew past me=(

cars are getting faster !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can see the full report on the test on this video starting at 12:21mins. It's quite different to the brief Autocar vid.

·
Registered
460 Posts
gone are the days where in 600cc sports bike can leave any production car to dust. In this video I can not beleive that the car's won on the strait line, there is just no way right?

Its like having a bad dream. over a year ago I pleasantly cruising on the free way when a freaking nissan gtr tailgated me. and he went on my side and gave a friendly wave. I downshifted and opened the throttle as I know he wants to race. as expected I left him behind, but after 5-10 seconds he blew past me=(

cars are getting faster !!
Depends on the race but 600s will outrun most cars 0-200. Then aero and horsepower come into play and the cars go by.

Also I dont think the car won. The 1199 spanked both cars until it reached its speed limiter.

Also a 600 costs what? 5-6k for a decent one? A car that can run with it? Repeatedly and reliably? 10x more probably.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts