Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to put down a deposit today, please tell me how long I could realistically expect to wait for one. Base model would be fine...preferably red, but I would like to see a good picture of a yellow one.

And it may seem strange, but I'm halfway hoping you guys will say - forget it, they're all spoken for!! You see, I have a perfectly remarkable GSX-R1000 right now. WHY am I being drawn to this bike?

·
Registered
547 Posts
rodthrower said:
If I were to put down a deposit today, please tell me how long I could realistically expect to wait for one. Base model would be fine...preferably red, but I would like to see a good picture of a yellow one.

And it may seem strange, but I'm halfway hoping you guys will say - forget it, they're all spoken for!! You see, I have a perfectly remarkable GSX-R1000 right now. WHY am I being drawn to this bike?

Possibly late summer for the 08's or you may be lucky to find a dealer who has a spot open for late spring, you gotta do some searching.

Your drawn to the bike because it is 100% Irresistable

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vikingdrvr said:
where are you located?
I'm in Memphis,Tn. Closest dealer looks to be Nashville or Birmingham. Maybe I'll give them a call,,,looks like it's gonna be a long wait though..

·
Registered
134 Posts
rodthrower said:

Let me see if I can help you make a decision. I had a (note: "had") a perfectly remarkable 2006 Gixxer 1k and an 04' before that. The power delivery is completely different. That said and now that I am getting very comfortable with my S, there is know way I would consider going back to a gixxer. Unless!! you bring stunting into the question, then the GSXR is still much better for thrashing on. My opinion...order a 1098..if you don't like it (which would suprise me) you'll have no problem selling if fast and probably pretty damn close to what you buy it for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dibs said:
Let me see if I can help you make a decision. I had a (note: "had") a perfectly remarkable 2006 Gixxer 1k and an 04' before that. The power delivery is completely different. That said and now that I am getting very comfortable with my S, there is know way I would consider going back to a gixxer. Unless!! you bring stunting into the question, then the GSXR is still much better for thrashing on. My opinion...order a 1098..if you don't like it (which would suprise me) you'll have no problem selling if fast and probably pretty damn close to what you buy it for.
Well, that is certainly not a bad way to look at it. You're right, it's not like it's a real gamble. I guess the situation I'd want to avoid would be getting an '07 in late summer. But then, based on what little research I've done, I've already missed the boat on the '07's anyway...think I'll call a few dealers to try to get a better feel for things...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Many deposits are falling through due to folks being unable to front the rest of the $$$ or come through with positive financing. Although I doub't there will be many 1098's available this season, I'm certain a few will pop up here and there that you'll be able to grab one. Don't sweat it. I also know of many people who buy a brand new bike, ony to sell it a few weeks after. They live out the "hype period", and then sell it off. If you're willing to shell out a litle more, I'm sure a few will also pop up on eBay once "bike fever" hits, and they'll most likley fetch a little premium, due to the demand.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Dibs said:

Thats pretty much how I looked at it. I am selling my 05 R1 to get a 1098. if I end up not liking it which I know I wont, I know I can sell it pretty quick.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I saw an "s" go for $27,500 on e-bay yesterday :banghead: , i was going to post the link but it's gone now. I hate it when people buy things just to make a quick buck(or 7,500 of 'em) when there are others out there waiting to get on a list.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1098 Availability

DucatiGuy said:
Many deposits are falling through due to folks being unable to front the rest of the $$$ or come through with positive financing.
You are correct !! Being a dealer, I usually don't like to get involved in the forums, ( i get a little too defensive !) but...hey...I like to here what our customers are thinking!!
We took a few more deposits than the amount of bikes we were allotted, being completely honest with those customers...i.e. - we're alloted 10 Red standards...you're the 11th deposit...some may fall thru. Not surprisingly, a few "S" deposits backed out..some switching to standards or just not ready..
The difficulty we're facing is getting the pre-orders delivered and reported to Ducati promptly..or face not getting your next shipment timely or actually loosing them to other dealers or Europe !!
Anyone in the Northeast looking for an "s" model, I have one available as of today..Monday may be another story!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wow what a bargain! Even though i believe the 1098's are under priced by a couple thousand, I'm sorry an S is not worth an extra 10 grand over list. If you got patience you will save a lot of $$$

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got a question... I have a deposit with two dealers ( dont ask why... sometimes I'm just stupid) any way. Is anybody interrested on a black 1098s? $22.050 ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts