Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as they are only making these for 2007 how many Tricolores in total will be produced?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think the magic number is 400, 92 will be imported to the USA.

CAG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Confirmed by who, I was told most dealers in US are getting at least 3, and whatever are ordered will be made. Also in an email by ducati usa there is no set number of tri's just that they will be produced in 2007 only

·
Registered
27 Posts
Talked to ducati importer for Aus, he said no total production # have been announced by ducati for the tc -just there is limited supply, i would say way more than 400 worldwide! (50 confirmed orders in Aus alone & expect to reach 60 by years end)- words from boss man for ducati imports Aus

Deano

·
Registered
438 Posts
This was direct from the UK Ducati national sales manager, this is his comments on a couple of questions that I asked,

"Just a follow up on the 1098 Tricolour. The bike does come with the silencer kit and dedicated performance ecu and NOT the full system. the rational is that the price differential in the US between 1098S and 1098 Tri is $5000, which is greater than the Euro3000, or £2000 that we see in Europe and UK.

The Clutch cover is the same as standard 1098S and 1098B. There is NO Traction Control.

Whilst the bike is not "numbered" as 749R / 999R are, it is only being built between January and June this year so they are an exclusive machine with an expected production number of 400 machines. I am bringing in no more than 125 bikes, most of which have customer names against them already"

"I see that you now have your name reserved for an "S" I can confirm that you are high up on the list that they gave me, and it is an S. It was changed by them from Base to S on the 22-12-06. The original order date was the 7-11-06. They also stated that you were hoping for March delivery, which should happen. I'm not able to tell you when in March though at the moment"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Are you sure the Termi's on the Tri are not the full system? Online all it says is racing muffler kit. Kinda disappointing if that is the case. Makes me rethink my decision. Could buy an 1098S and put the full system on for less than the Tri. But then again my dealer is only getting 1 Tri for Ohio so I will NOT see my bike around. Decisions decisions...

·
Registered
62 Posts
iang said:
This was direct from the UK Ducati national sales manager, this is his comments on a couple of questions that I asked,

"Just a follow up on the 1098 Tricolour. The bike does come with the silencer kit and dedicated performance ecu and NOT the full system. the rational is that the price differential in the US between 1098S and 1098 Tri is $5000, which is greater than the Euro3000, or £2000 that we see in Europe and UK.

The Clutch cover is the same as standard 1098S and 1098B. There is NO Traction Control.

Whilst the bike is not "numbered" as 749R / 999R are, it is only being built between January and June this year so they are an exclusive machine with an expected production number of 400 machines. I am bringing in no more than 125 bikes, most of which have customer names against them already"

"I see that you now have your name reserved for an "S" I can confirm that you are high up on the list that they gave me, and it is an S. It was changed by them from Base to S on the 22-12-06. The original order date was the 7-11-06. They also stated that you were hoping for March delivery, which should happen. I'm not able to tell you when in March though at the moment"
Everything about that statment is true, just not the exhaust system. And that is for the U.S, I called Ducati on North America and said what gives. I paid up front to make sure I get my self a TC and on your site it says its full racing exhaust now what :nutkick: . They assured me it was a full system for the North America region, but can't speak on the behalf onf UK nor EURO OR AUS as this is not her territory. A missleading add like that is strongly forbiden by the BBB and they can't do that. So I hung up called again, and some other person answeard and said the same darn thing. So yeah I guess we are getting a full system. Except the guy the second time said he is not sure of the world wide number as in the US is getting nearly 200 units.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What the UK sales manager is saying is that the UK bikes get the silencer kit only while the US bikes get the full system, that was one one of the questions that I had asked from him. In his statement he says that the Tricolore is $5000 more than the S in the US while in the UK the Tricolore is 'only' £2000 ( $4000) more than the S which explains why you get the full system and us the slip ons.

Hope that makes sense now !

·
Registered
62 Posts
iand thanks makes sense, should have in the first place but i think this fast food is catching on to me lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for the clarification guys. Was about to be dialing my dealer's number. Not that the titanium pipes really make a difference but in my head I can justify the expense to myself. Please refrain from telling me otherwise.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was going to go for the Tricolore at first but when I found out that it only came with slip ons in the UK for £16000 ($31800) then I would have to pay another £800 ($1600) for the rest of the system I changed my mind.
This means in the Uk the Tricolore is £2000 extra over the S for a £800 ($1600) set of slip ons and a paint job that is costing £1200 ($2400)

My dealer then made a balls up and put my name against a base model instead of an S but as already mentioned it will be here in March anyway.

Hope my 749R sells quickly as I want to order all the parts that I want but do not want to commit myself to a load of parts without a bike to put them on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
iang I love you 749r, id buy it if you where state side.

·
Registered
144 Posts
400 total, what an ass; me that is....I broke my shoulder thanksgiven and as a bit of punishment to my self lowered the bar from the Tri to the S. The facts are that those low production numbers will ensure a premium later down the road.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Saw one at my dealer also.
If you're getting one, you're very lucky!
For the USA T.C. the bike is shipped with the Standard system in place and the Full System is in its own boxes, kind of wedged into the shipping crate.
So if you get one here in the ole US, you'll have 2 complete systems!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts