Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit down on a 1098S on March 16 with a dealer that is about 3 hours away. He said they had allocation for 1 2007 1098S left and he expected delivery in May. I called about 1.5 weeks back and he said one was arriving any day for a customer and I would get the next one that comes in after that because the customer in front of me decided not to buy. He said he expected it sometime in April. I want to keep calling every few days just to see if he has heard anything, but when I have called he tells me just to wait and he will call me when he hears anything. My question is when do the dealers know that the bike is coming? Is it whne it leaves Italy or when it arrives at the port in USA? I hate to keep bothering him, but the wait is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
370 Posts
lemmy999 said:
I put a deposit down on a 1098S on March 16 with a dealer that is about 3 hours away. He said they had allocation for 1 2007 1098S left and he expected delivery in May. I called about 1.5 weeks back and he said one was arriving any day for a customer and I would get the next one that comes in after that because the customer in front of me decided not to buy. He said he expected it sometime in April. I want to keep calling every few days just to see if he has heard anything, but when I have called he tells me just to wait and he will call me when he hears anything. My question is when do the dealers know that the bike is coming? Is it whne it leaves Italy or when it arrives at the port in USA? I hate to keep bothering him, but the wait is driving me crazy!
I was in the same situation. I called my dealer almost everyday. Dealers can call the DNA to check on status. But all it says in the computer is "In Transit" That means it left Italy and in a ship. Hopefully it's not the one in the picture. There is no tracking number on the duc.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I think they know more than they tell you but how much more, I am not sure.

Jason

ps. Customs is a b1tch.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Visitor Q said:
I think they know more than they tell you but how much more, I am not sure.

Jason

ps. Customs is a b1tch.
That may be true. I only go by what my dealer told me. But I did pressure her pretty hard, so if she know more she would have told me. I think....

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
ansman said:
That may be true. I only go by what my dealer told me. But I did pressure her pretty hard, so if she know more she would have told me. I think....
hehehe

Well like I said before when we spoke, she seems nice but who knows what she really knows...

Jason

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer seems pretty nice, but I get the feeling that when I call he is wishing I would just wait to hear from him an stop calling. I have only called 2 times since March 16 when I put the deposit down.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
lemmy999 said:
My dealer seems pretty nice, but I get the feeling that when I call he is wishing I would just wait to hear from him an stop calling. I have only called 2 times since March 16 when I put the deposit down.
Yeah I call my dealer from time to time as well. I mean $hit, it's their job so don't feel too bad man. Remember you are the buyer and not the seller here.

Jason

·
Registered
204 Posts
my dealer told me he would know when he received a notice from UPS that the bike was being shipped to him and with the UPS tracking info, could tell when it would arrive. then he would call to tell me when to come in and pick it up.

·
Registered
370 Posts
vinman said:
my dealer told me he would know when he received a notice from UPS that the bike was being shipped to him and with the UPS tracking info, could tell when it would arrive. then he would call to tell me when to come in and pick it up.
didn;t know they ship it by UPS.

·
Registered
74 Posts
vinman said:
You should go kick your dealer ass for telling your tall tails of UPS tacking numbers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Damn.. they ship by UPS, thats news to me! I thought they had envoy to deliver these beautiful machines!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do know that when mine arrived, my dealer asked me if they could register it since I couldn't pick it up that week. Essentially, they were asking if they could register it with Ducati so they could receive their next bike. From what they told me, they won't get the next one until the last one is delivered to the customer. Why did he ask? Well, registering it that week officially started my warranty. So, I lost a week of warranty so someone else could get their bike a week sooner. Ain't I nice?

- Sic

·
Registered
181 Posts
my dealer knew the date range of when the ship was supposed to dock. I also got an estimate arrival date that was spot on. i was told the ship would dock between 25 and 28 march and the bikes had to go through customs. i got it the 6th of april as promised!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sicarius said:
I do know that when mine arrived, my dealer asked me if they could register it since I couldn't pick it up that week. Essentially, they were asking if they could register it with Ducati so they could receive their next bike. From what they told me, they won't get the next one until the last one is delivered to the customer. Why did he ask? Well, registering it that week officially started my warranty. So, I lost a week of warranty so someone else could get their bike a week sooner. Ain't I nice?

- Sic
My salesman told me something to the same effect. That's what's holding mine up. You were awful kind to do that. I wish the guys ahead of me would do the same, apparently his bike has been at the dealer for a couple of weeks getting mods done.:cussing:

·
Registered
370 Posts
mrhonest said:
I get the feeling Robin really does not know a whole lot, she seems nice though.
I didn't have a problem with her. I think she was up front with me so far. If I do not get my bike by monday or tuesday. I'll be driving 3 hours to kick some butt.

Can you PM me with your phone number for the Washington DC Area 1098s Hot Import Nights?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i sent a message to DNA to see if my dealer was shooting straight with me by saying he wouldnt know my bike was coming until the delivery truck came in with the crates. DNA replied (very quickly) and said they mail invoices (with tracking information) at the same time the bikes are shipped from the warehouse. some dealers receive the invoices before the bikes -- so they will know their delivery info. other delaers, like mine, will get the bikes before the invoices arrive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here in Japan , for sure less 1098 than you guys in the US , no informations delivered till Italy ship to DUCATI Japan ....

after everything's clear ; delivery date , carbon parts not available and no infiormations on it .....

just waiting for official documents ......

be patient ....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts