Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suggested retail is $14995 here in the U.S. The topline price at my dealer was $15,445. Did anyone here try and negotiate the $400 in "destination charges, dealer prep, etc.) or what ever the extra vig your dealer calls that first mark up over suggested retail to be?

I didn't even try. I just wanted to get on the list.
CAG

·
Registered
34 Posts
You got a better deal than alot of guys are getting. Some dealers are charging anywhere from $800 to $1200 for freight, setup/prep. And then of course you have sales tax and license on top of that.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that is the case then, I highly recommend Gengras Ducati in East Hartford CT. One of their guys lurks on another Ducati board. They were excellent to deal with. They did write on my paperwork that the expected date of delivery was 12/13/06. I knew it would not be until Feb or March. If you call them, ask for Andy. He was the sales man, owns a 999 and is a Ducatista.

CAG

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine for the 14,995 the ducati dealer here is also the honda dealer and it is like my 5th bike from them. I got the first one in Alaska.

·
Registered
134 Posts
FYI...
In Australia the on road cost (including 12 months registration) is $32,995AU for the S and $27,995AU for the standard 1098.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do your dealers have the extra vig we have here. It is usually called dealer prep, or handeling fee or destination charge.
If so, how much and did you negotiate it with the dealer?

CAG

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got mine for $14,995 but I had to do a lot of negotiating to get the freight charges forgiven here in Ohio. Fortunately, for we Ohioans, it is illegal to charge for prep. The Ohio Attorney General, in fact, is currently suing a large central Ohio dealership over these charges. It has long been a way for dealers to stick it to ya' when buying a bike.

Long story short, I do about 16 track days a year. I told my local dealer if they would forgive the 'additional charges' of any type and simply sell me the 1098 for msrp ($14,995) then I would be willing to put a sticker on the side of the Ducati at some of the track days I attend for advertisement. That worked!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was good thinking. I don't think we have laws like yours here in the Peoples Republic of Connecticut. I probably should have tried to negotiate that with $500 credit to their parts store.

CAG

·
Registered
34 Posts
CAG said:
If that is the case then, I highly recommend Gengras Ducati in East Hartford CT.
Kind of a mute point when these kind of dealers are 3000 miles away. Some guys don't have lots of dealers to deal with. Most dealers in big cities know there will be higher demand for these bikes and therefore will screw the buyers over some. :nutkick:

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 Million $

A million dollars and worth it!
Really $500 off MSRP. I have no idea of the OTD price, but I'm sure it will be wonderful. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Msrp 14,995

I was lucky enough to buy from a dealer who offered no prep or destination charges if reserved $500 at bike show...My buddy thought they would honor that on Tuesday once the dealer opened up and they declined stating that would not be fair to those who reserved at the show under those terms. Bottom line $800+ in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
$14,995 bikes price + $600 frieght/prep + $195 reg/title/dealer doc fees = $15,790 + local sales tax. For me in NY that brings the grand out the door price to right around $17,130. $2100 in fees and taxes over the MSRP! Sucks, but what can you do? Only other alternative is to sit and wait a season or two for the demand to dry up a bit and then chip away at the dealer price or look for a pre-owned/demo model.

·
Registered
70 Posts
1098 S invoice

MODESTO DUCATI
(209) 578-1330

1098s 19,950
Set Up 160.00
Freight 295.00
Sales Tax 1,508.00
DMV Fees 200.00

Total 22,161.50

·
Registered
62 Posts
$27,780.07 but my is not the S its the trycolor. Its hard getting much off the msrp cuz this first batch of bikes will sell out like hot cakes. So yeah.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm getting mine for $14795 in may !!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
$22.000 and $21.700 OTD makes about $19.900 for the S

·
Registered
286 Posts
Heck,

That's half the price of the UK bikes... i.e £7000 instead of £14,000 ..I should have bought it in the US and shipped it back to the UK! That's exchange rates for you....

Jamie UK

Suggested retail is $14995 here in the U.S. The topline price at my dealer was $15,445. Did anyone here try and negotiate the $400 in "destination charges, dealer prep, etc.) or what ever the extra vig your dealer calls that first mark up over suggested retail to be?

I didn't even try. I just wanted to get on the list.
CAG[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 101 Posts