Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm where do you put the wrench at ? I don't see anything that would work with a wrench

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like such a noob. Erm that screw is circular I could probably use a vice grip but I would mess up the screw... Sorry for the stupid question but what is this two nut method. I'll do a quick google.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the picture it looks like your Allen bolts have been inverted with the head on the under side of the ignition mount, you will have to get an Allen key to head on the under side.

Remember to dissconnect the the immobiliser too

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
you don't, it was designed to be difficult to help prevent theft. A properly sized stud remover would do the trick with out damage. Or 2 stacked nuts tightened to each other, or vice gripes. It may have Loctite on the threads, may want to warm up with a heat gun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn.. used a wrench but all I seem to do is strip it. Ill try the vicegrip tomorrow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Screw Fastener Auto part Coil spring Nut

What a major pain.. Red loctite on these screws as well !! Striped them out but a Vice grip did the trick. I'm not putting these back on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.