Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have two of these awful beasts on my carbon front, best way to get them off?

The back one's I'll just trim off when I modify the rear end.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If its a decal like the others I have ran into, use a heat gun. From about a foot awat warm up the reflector and it will peel away with ease....

Oh and if you have trouble slipping your fingers (nails) behind it to pull it off, don't use anything sharp!!! Use an old credit card or even a few inches of fishing line. Slip it behind the reflector and wiggle it off...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was going to leave mine on for awhile, no particular reason...then after having the bike less than a week I noticed they were half/falling off anyway, so I helped them the rest of the way. Came off nice and clean w/out a heat gun!

·
Registered
337 Posts
What reflectors are you guys talking about?
I don't remember seeing any on the front fairing??

·
Registered
337 Posts
Oh man! Okay, I just found a pic that shows them. No wonder they were left off the PR photo bikes!! That's just Fugly.
Are they on the replacement CF fenders?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Yea they do look ugly as sin! Unfortunately they're a US DOT requirement so Ducati has to put them on their bikes in ordet to get the bikes through the US doors, and yes they do come on both the original and carbon fiber fenders (IE; the S model bike) - but they're easy to take off....

PS: They don't however come on he CF fender if you purchase it seperately (alone).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was suggested by a friend to try using a credit just under a lose corner, they peeled off without a heat gun. Frankly once I got the corner free they fell off LOL

Easy as pie without heat :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If the weather's cold, they my just do that - peel right off. If you've had the bike sit in the sun and a warmer climate, they may be a little tougher...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mined pulled right off without much grief. One side was actually half off already when I started on it. Leave it on too long and the adhesive might be baked on already possibly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts