Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
just to clarify wiring dual bi-exons. I understand the bi-exon requires a feed to retract the cover for Hi beam.
So
If setting this up for dual Bi-exon Lows and dual Hi's ,
will the stock low wiring take two bi-exon sets (i guess spliced running two ballasts )....leaving the stock Hi wiring to operate the retracting covers of both sets.
That is how I wired mine up, with no problems. Of course, I'm not taking responsibility if yours catches fire.:flamethro

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
The pics really don't do the retrofit justice. I had the stock headlights in Italy and I wouldn't ride at night because I couldn't see where I was going. I put the HID bulb in the stock projector and still couldn't see. After I retrofitted the bixenons, I could see very well and wasn't afraid of the dark anymore.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Stock projectors with halogens = shit.
Stock projectors with HID = blue tinted shit.
Bixenon projectors DESIGNED for HID = great beam pattern, sharp cutoff, increased light output.

You can put HID bulbs in the stock projectors that were designed for Halogen, but you are still pushing the light through a terrible lens that doesn't focus the light properly.

Yes, the HID bulb in the stock projectors was marginally better than the halogens, but on the roads I rode in Italy, with no lines and no lighting, it was dangerous and I couldn't see where I was going.

End of the day, either do the mod or don't. I couldn't care less either way.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Having a slight issue guys and seeing if anyone came across this. I took the bike out for a small ride today and it road great 👍. But I got home and realized every 2-4 minutes my headlights would turn off then turn themselves back on in 20-30 seconds. I'm using the retrofit source harness, retrofit h1 bulbs and 55w ballasts. I called them up and asked if the dual 55w ballasts would be too much for that harness and wiring he said no. Cause my factory harness is only supplying voltage to the relay to flip and not any way to the ballasts. He suggested to check my stock harness for voltage drop so I'm gonna do that next chance I get. He said if my factory harness testes out fine maybe it's theirs and they will send a new one. The voltage on my screen says 14.1 - 14-3 consistent. Has anyone came across this issue besides me? Thanks for the help in advance
Sounds like the battery/charging system can't keep up with the demands of the headlights. My 35W system will do this if I turn them on without the bike running.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.