Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the DP Wet Slipper Clutch and it's all going smooth until the last step where it says to tighten the spring retainer screws to 5NM. The problem is that as the screws get tighter (but still not hitting 5NM on the torque wrench) the pressure plate spins freely making it impossible to tighten the screws any further. I'm trying to hold the pressure plate by hand but I cant get a decent grip on it to apply enough torque. What's the trick here? How do I get these screws tightened down to the correct torque? I can see the clutch holding tool is of new use in this scenario. Please help I'd like to get this job done!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solved

I figured it out. I didnt separate the control pin from the spacer with the ball bearings in it. After taking it off and looking at it again I realized that that spacer with ball bearings is part of the stock clutch drum and isnt needed. It was pushing my pressure plate out about 20mm . Once I removed that ball bearing washer piece my pressure plate sat flush on the top plate in the drum and everything tightened up just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.