Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
There's very little information encoded.

Ducati uses different coding for different markets. Generally the engine number encodes engine displacement, number of valves, cooling type, fueling type and build number.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
VIN Decoded: ZDM1SB5V72B015024 check this link out ... is this a reputably info? (if so I just got tricked. If this is true its the first time ever in over 20 bikes in 18 years.) I thought I had one of the first 500 998 ever made. my motor vin # is SB52000333 Can someone help me because im about to drink my self till i pass out!

If the title says its a 2002 998 and its not... can i do anything aside from kicking my self... did he commit fraud?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
The VIN ZDM1SB5V72B015024 tells you its a 2002 998 or a 998S. The VIN doesn't distinguish between the two models.

Ducati VINs Decoded - Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum

If you want to know if the engine is the original engine, contact Ducati directly.

You can email requests for build spec information regarding a VIN or engine number to Ducati at:

http://www.ducati.com/company/contact_us/contact_form/index.do

You should hear from a representative within a few days.

The last six digits don't start at again at 000001 for each new model — if that's what you're thinking.

The engine number SB52000333 likely indicates that it's the 333rd built so that would make it one of the first 500 998 engines. If the engines original, you've probably got the 333rd 998 model built.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats a relief, and i do have a inquire in a Ducati. but Ducati MS banned me lol im to real for them... I mean I know im a dick but they are too. and thats fine, but if you cant take it dont dish it out... right?

WOW 333 is too close to 666 scarey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts