Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 40 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I just bought my first Ducati, and I'm so excited! It's a 2010 1198, and I'm picking it up in a couple of hours. Can't wait!

Just wanted to say thanks to those who answered some of my questions. Your feedback helped a lot!
Good for you R1Girl!! Sounds like you are thrilled with your purchase and I'm sure all of us are just as pleased for you, as you are about having it. You have arrived! :p

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
you know it's bad when you will just stare at it for a few minutes. After 2.5years with my 848 I still will stop and stare at it when I walk by. In fact I can't even go through the garage without looking over at it.
I'm still doing that after three and a half years with my Tricolore Tapit :p

And then I proceed directly to the internet to buy something else for it....:yo: (it's a sickness for sure)

JUST DONT LOOK AT IT!!! Then your bank account will be fine...:stopp::ahhh:

God I love my bike...I can't wait to get home to put in some quality wrench time with my Ysabella!!!!
Yeah, still doing that too Waller!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
wow, you guys are like a pack of wild dogs on a 3 legged cat around here... jeez... enjoy your New Bike, I've been riding the hell out of mine the last year and only minor headaches, nothing I wouldn't get with any other bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey guys, thanks for all your congratulations! I've been busy putting over 650kms on him in the past two days! I'm loving him big time!! ...but turns out he's too hot for me! :D

I'm hoping some of you guys might have a solution for the heat this bike generates! My R1 has an undertail exhaust, and though it is very hot to ride, it is nowhere near as hot as the 1198. I burned my legs on the bike yesterday. I was only wearing jeans, so maybe I might have to wear my leathers all the time. I've read that some people say installing a full system helps or even having the exhaust pipes ceramic coated. What I want to know is what really actually works and not just a little bit. Any ideas??

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for all your congratulations! I've been busy putting over 650kms on him in the past two days! I'm loving him big time!! ...but turns out he's too hot for me! :D

I'm hoping some of you guys might have a solution for the heat this bike generates! My R1 has an undertail exhaust, and though it is very hot to ride, it is nowhere near as hot as the 1198. I burned my legs on the bike yesterday. I was only wearing jeans, so maybe I might have to wear my leathers all the time. I've read that some people say installing a full system helps or even having the exhaust pipes ceramic coated. What I want to know is what really actually works and not just a little bit. Any ideas??

you can start with those...i just ordered a pair...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey Marlon, if those before and after temperature readings are accurate, then I'm sold! :D

So, what is that called and where do I get it?

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Hey Marlon, if those before and after temperature readings are accurate, then I'm sold! :D

So, what is that called and where do I get it?
they are called heat barrier and minimizes the engine heat going to your legs...thats one thing that might help but the other is the exhaust himself...the stocker pipes have the cats in em and they cause a lot of heat..i put open aftermarket pipes on my and that helps a lot...

21 - 40 of 183 Posts