Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new to this forum and Ducati, but not new to motorcycles. I grew up riding pretty much everything with two wheels and a motor since I was 7 years old. Motorcycles are my passion, no doubt about it. Needless to say, ever since I laid eyes on a Ducati 848, I knew one day I would have to have one of my own. Last week the dealership I work at in Illinois received a 2012 Ducati 848 EVO on trade. I couldn't pass it up. It feels amazing to finally ride the bike of your dreams, and I love being a part of the Ducati family. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey everyone, new to this forum and Ducati, but not new to motorcycles. I grew up riding pretty much everything with two wheels and a motor since I was 7 years old. Motorcycles are my passion, no doubt about it. Needless to say, ever since I laid eyes on a Ducati 848, I knew one day I would have to have one of my own. Last week the dealership I work at in Illinois received a 2012 Ducati 848 EVO on trade. I couldn't pass it up. It feels amazing to finally ride the bike of your dreams, and I love being a part of the Ducati family. Cheers!
i know the feeling! CONGRATS!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I work at Sportland Motorsports in Bloomington, IL. Pure chance that my bike was traded in, we only carry honda, Yamaha, kawasaki, Suzuki, and Polaris.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Welcome aboard Lucas. Glad to have you here. It's gonna be tough to sell those bikes when a customer asks you "So, what bike do you ride?"

:yo:

·
Court Jester
12,025 Posts
Congrats great color choice :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard Lucas. Glad to have you here. It's gonna be tough to sell those bikes when a customer asks you "So, what bike do you ride?"

:yo:
Haha, trust me, I've already been asked that and every response is "Oh nice!" LOL everyone loves Ducs whether they wanna admit it or not...

·
Registered
208 Posts
congrats and welcome to the forums! plenty of mods and how to's on here you can learn a lot by just floating around and searching for things

·
Registered
66 Posts
NICE!! best looking duc in my opinion. as soon as i saw mine i knew i had to get it. just amazing look. the arctic white silk is just beautiful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NICE!! best looking duc in my opinion. as soon as i saw mine i knew i had to get it. just amazing look. the arctic white silk is just beautiful.
Thanks! I'd have to agree with you there. The red frame and red wheels just set it off so nice. I'm kinda curious as to the differences in maintenance on a matte/silk paint scheme compared to a clear coat/gloss paint scheme. I guess that's what ducati.org is here for right?!

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Thanks! I'd have to agree with you there. The red frame and red wheels just set it off so nice. I'm kinda curious as to the differences in maintenance on a matte/silk paint scheme compared to a clear coat/gloss paint scheme. I guess that's what ducati.org is here for right?!
Original Polish. Stuff is the greatest. It's also called Honda Polish, YamaPolish, etc. All the same.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Congrats! Don't ride it to work or you'll send potential business elsewhere.;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts