Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spent nearly an hour just in the Ducati both at the IMS show in Chicago. And I could not have been more happy. The bike looks and feels great! Its even better in person. I must have taken 50 pictures. The Carboned up S model really looks stunning and gives me many ideas for the future, whats even better is i heard it run at my dealer yesterday, the sound was great it ran and started very smooth. The stock exhaust is louder and deeper than most ducati factory setups, but the carbon Termi's are still going on! I also got the 07 accessory book, which gives me even more ideas. The only thing that is a bit misleading is the instrument panel. While the display is great and very informative, it is a lot smaller than the pictures online make it out to be. Not that its a problem, pictures will do that :ahhh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
I did the same yesterday.... I was at my dealer on Friday to see and hear the bike... That booth just kept me going back, yesterday at the show. My friends were kinda bitchy when we went from Yamaha to ducati to suzuki to ducati to honda to ducati to yamaha to ducati.... My Dealer asked me if I wanna work the show for him, I spend anyway more time there than anybody else ;-)
The only bad thing, I can't wait anymore until I get it....
Oh my dealer said, that Ducati tries to get the bikes faster to the dealers than originally planed, they try to do more direct shipping instead of bringing all bikes to one Warehouse and spit them of from there....
But we'll see.... MAY is a long time............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Desmo Duc said:
I . I must have taken 50 pictures. .....very informative, it is a lot smaller than the pictures online make it out to be. Not that its a problem, pictures will do that :ahhh:

Dude , can you post the pcitures . Am keen to see them. Also would liek to see what a person approximately 5.10 ( and on the solid side ) looks like on the bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
I did the same, we had a BBQ and everyone drove their bikes to the event. It looked like a museum in the parking lot. The dealer had specials on parts, gear and 25$ dyno runs. Nothing like hearing a race-prepped duc going all out on the dyno...I can still smell the fumes!!! The dealer said that they are going to be getting a couple base and S models each week starting next week. I am number 3 on the list so he thinks maybe 2-3 weeks!! I can’t believe how great the bike looks and sounds! I still haven’t had a chance to sit on it :cross:

I dream about the first track day every night!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Went to the local Open House and saw her for the first time 'in the flesh'. Looks even better than the pics.
After they fired her up - customer was picking her up and she had the Termis - I had to put down a deposit.
May!!! Aarghh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
T-revs said:
II dream about the first track day every night!!
t-revs,

just moved to charlotte area from fla/ny. any suggestions on which of the many track day outfits offers the best track days at any of the southern tracks?

thanks,

rob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
T-revs said:
I did the same, we had a BBQ and everyone drove their bikes to the event. It looked like a museum in the parking lot. The dealer had specials on parts, gear and 25$ dyno runs. Nothing like hearing a race-prepped duc going all out on the dyno...I can still smell the fumes!!! The dealer said that they are going to be getting a couple base and S models each week starting next week. I am number 3 on the list so he thinks maybe 2-3 weeks!! I can’t believe how great the bike looks and sounds! I still haven’t had a chance to sit on it :cross:

I dream about the first track day every night!!
I actually got to sit on one in a little sneak-peek last thursday. I am 5-10, 165lbs, and I thought it felt great! The seat was fairly high, but since it was so narrow I could touch the ground fine. I may not be placing both heals on the ground at stop lights, but there was more ground contact then the japanese literbikes (R1 or CBR). It is a somewhat leaned forward seating position yet it was surprisingly comfortable. The footpegs felt a lot lower that the japanese literbikes but I think this may be due to a higher seat or them being more rearward. I am not sure but it felt awesome. I was very suprised because I expected Italian bikes to be ucomfortable and cramped. I am still having some difficulty converting from Japanese bikes to a ducati. It's taking some warming up to it to be able to see myself on one, but if anything can do it this 1098 will be the one to do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Thanks Lcorey, nice description. I am also 5'10 but you can add 20Lbs to that number. Glad the bike doesn't feel cramped. I am only worried about commuting to work on it, might be a little tough on my wrists in traffic but at least we get to ride in the POV lane. Seeeyaaa!!

TheKid, I just moved to Atlanta from Boston 6 months ago but I do have some links for you…here are some clubs that were recommended to me. The first two allow any bike to ride and also offer racing schools. The Usdesmo is European only and is up in your neighborhood. One thing to watch out for is how big the rider groups are. My dealer down here sponsors track days and only alloys 7 per group. It cost almost twice as much but is much better then fighting with 30-50 other bikes…

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/
http://trackaddix.com/track/events/
http://www.usdesmo.com/events.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
T-revs said:
Thanks Lcorey, nice description. I am also 5'10 but you can add 20Lbs to that number. Glad the bike doesn't feel cramped. I am only worried about commuting to work on it, might be a little tough on my wrists in traffic but at least we get to ride in the POV lane. Seeeyaaa!!

TheKid, I just moved to Atlanta from Boston 6 months ago but I do have some links for you…here are some clubs that were recommended to me. The first two allow any bike to ride and also offer racing schools. The Usdesmo is European only and is up in your neighborhood. One thing to watch out for is how big the rider groups are. My dealer down here sponsors track days and only alloys 7 per group. It cost almost twice as much but is much better then fighting with 30-50 other bikes…

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/
http://trackaddix.com/track/events/
http://www.usdesmo.com/events.html

thanks for the info... i used to do quite a few track days at loudon/nhis. the nice thing about nhis was i knew which track days had the small groups and the looser rules. i guess i will just have the fun of learning down here!!

thanks again,

rob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I was first told Feb9th and that turned out to be a lie, I went ape shit and called Ducati my self. Now they called me back and said that my TriColorie will come in march 1st. They promised, if any delay it be a day or two and they will make up for it price wise. My bike is paid for and waiting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I up loaded some pics to my album from the show.

Im 6' 155lbs, the bike felt very comfortable, shorter arm reach than the 748.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
Sweeettt pics!!
Still can't believe that the bike looks even better in person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
Edvin1098s said:
I was first told Feb9th and that turned out to be a lie, I went ape shit and called Ducati my self. Now they called me back and said that my TriColorie will come in march 1st. They promised, if any delay it be a day or two and they will make up for it price wise. My bike is paid for and waiting.
Hi Edvin,
I mentioned earlier that if your TC came in on Feb 9th it would be the only one in the country. I think that if your TC comes in on March 1st, it will be the only one in the country. I don't mean to burst your bubble in any way, I'm just cautioning you not to get your hopes up. Again, I may be wrong, but everything I have read says sometime in mid march for the TC. Even if Ducati promised you March 1st, and a price break if it doesn't come in on that date, it would be easy for them to just say "sorry, here is your money back". I really hope you get the bike in two weeks, it is beautiful.
CAG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
CAH, no offense taken I know what you mean. I was told by there rep that my will be the first sold State side, so how much truth there is to that I don't know. I do know that if I don't get it they said I get a price break. I didn't care for a 100 or 200 dollars of a price break, they said Ducati would cut me 15% of my bill of sale. I doubt they would do that since the bike would sell no matter what, since me is a nobody just a fool with money. I think they will ship the bike or try, I mean I have this apology in the mail from them but a I talked to Denise Baker, not sure if any one knows her could be a nobody i have a felling she is.

Edit: Oh yeah how many TC's are being made as I don't see any one else on these forums saying they are buying one. I honestly Love the color combo and when i heard about the exhaust and chip it was sooooo a seald deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
The TC is really nice. I personally know a handful of guys in my area that have ordered a regular or a 'S', but no one that has the $$$ for the TC.
Very lucky.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top