Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn. Just damn. It was my own stupid fault. I was going to fast for road conditions and what my skill allowed. Coming in too hot on a right hand turn which got sharper and sharper. Attempted to slow down, which was a dummy mistake, bike stood up and I went into the gravel and layed 'Er down on the clutch side.

Clutch lever is broken, front fairing and fairing stay is broken, shift lever is broken and all fairings are scratched up on the left side.

I'm so happy I was wearing all my gear like I do, all the time. My leg and my back hurts but it all kept me rash free.

I am grateful I did not damage that '13 Corse SE only aluminum tank. But damn, I'm pretty upset at myself. SMDH.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
shit happens! crashes are good excuses for upgrades, glad your safe!

A crash you can walk away from is a good one. Rest up, and like daledo said, start looking at upgrades. There are those of us who have, and those of us who will

+1

Glad you are ok!

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
After track you get a new perspective on streets and highways. It's not bad but you'll have new tools and have a heathy attitude about not having to push it, a better gauge of the % you are at.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks a lot! I'm feeling much better. I Haven't touched the bike yet, or even looked at it since this happened. I guess I'll get to it when I get to it. Im really kind of avoiding it. lol.

I really do need to go to the track once I get 'er all fixed up.
There are only two kinds of riders. Those who have crashed and those who will crash. Welcome to the club.

Track days are the best thing you can do. I really need to get out for one again as well. They're such a rush.

Hope you're ok.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad you're ok

Important things already stated. Think back on what happened, try to avoid it in the future, schedule a track day or 2 etc.
what really made an impression to me though is your attitude. You take responsibility, you don't blame others and it seems that you know what caused the whole thing. Bravo !
As someone already said think of it as tuition.
Wish we were all like this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.