Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i plugged in my battery with the wrong terminals but it was a slight touch by accident so i got a new battery after that and theres no power going through my bike i already checked all my fuses they seem fine what else could of happened?

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
You mean you put the battery in backwards / reversed polarity??

Not good for electronics.

Are you sure the main fuses are ok?

You might be in trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i did i wasnt paying attention but i did not start the bike there was just did weird sound coming from the abs module and yes i checked them all fuses are functional :( the slightest touch killed the bike. What do you think happened

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depending on the model, there should be a couple of 40 amp fuses somewhere under the tank or seat area. Not in the fuse block. You may have blown one of those.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Fuses protect from over current, not incorrect electron flow.
Anything with a keep-alive circuit (dash, ECU, etc.) will have been damaged. Also the voltage reg/rec is ruined.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Fuses protect from over current, not incorrect electron flow.
Anything with a keep-alive circuit (dash, ECU, etc.) will have been damaged. Also the voltage reg/rec is ruined.
Correct.

But Im wondering/hoping for the OPs case the Ducati uses a diode. On MV Agustas they have a diode wired into the harness that gets sacrificed in this case.

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/12-f4-1st-gen-1998-2009/2257-battery-connect-backwards-i-need-help-please.html

I cant help you about this specific bike but it might be a route to research. It would be running into the "main relay" that serves power to the rest of the bike. The one I had to replace on the MV (not due to misconnecting the battery but due to age related failure causing a fuse to blow) was a 1N4007.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LUJFFAU/?coliid=I3IHCNDFGP0OAK&colid=4JNLIGC2H9LU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts