Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I pass from this Earth, I want to own and ride a Desmosedici. That is the ultimate bike I'll ever ride.
Maybe one day.

Ara

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ara said:
Before I pass from this Earth, I want to own and ride a Desmosedici. That is the ultimate bike I'll ever ride.
Maybe one day.

Ara
i want to die on a desmo rr.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i waited 12 years for a standard Ducati superbike! but i would love to have an opportunity just to take a quick blast on a Desmo RR. Hell i would pay just for a spin around the block. (hint hint......any desmo owners game?)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stevelkinevil said:
i waited 12 years for a standard Ducati superbike! but i would love to have an opportunity just to take a quick blast on a Desmo RR. Hell i would pay just for a spin around the block. (hint hint......any desmo owners game?)
If you plan to visit France during Summer 2008, why not ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
hmmmm lets see

Plane ticket- about $1500?
Hotel- about $200 a night.

expensive ride, but i bet worth every penny!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Stevelkinevil said:
hmmmm lets see

Up to you :)
But avoid any mistake : Summer 2008, not Summer 2007...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stevelkinevil said:
hmmmm lets see

-----------------
Plane ticket is about $550 and Hotel about Euro 100 ($135 usd).
We just got back from Paris.

It would be worth it just to go to France if you've never been!!

One of only a handful of people to ride a RR -- Truly Priceless.

PIERRE --- if you're serious, I'll be happy to go back to France in a year and a half.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I know, in US, we can purchase it as a group and have it ship around to take turns to ride it. =)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
ansman said:
I know, in US, we can purchase it as a group and have it ship around to take turns to ride it. =)
LOL!

Jason

·
Registered
113 Posts
I actually wondered if you could buy one and then offer a "MotoGP" experience at track days. For $2000/day you could "arrive and drive" a MotoGP bike. Spend your time in between sessions in a luxury motorhome etc. Have a pit crew to setup/maintain the bike for you between sessions. A crew chief to go over your telemetry data with you......... Of course you'd have to sign one hell of waiver and pay for any damages to the bike if you made a mistake.....

Would make an interesting business model don't you think? You could pay for a DesmoRR in a summer if you booked it out every weekend. There are probably enough Ducati owners who could afford $2k per day to makes this work!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Old-Skule said:
I actually wondered if you could buy one and then offer a "MotoGP" experience at track days. For $2000/day you could "arrive and drive" a MotoGP bike.

Would make an interesting business model don't you think?
Sounds good........in theory. The problem is what happens when someone does "real" damage (not just fairings or clip ons) and the bike is totaled! I mean you guys know how hard some parts can be to get out of Italy; imagine trying to get parts for such a limited edition bike. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
DesmoHugh said:
Sounds good........in theory. The problem is what happens when someone does "real" damage (not just fairings or clip ons) and the bike is totaled! I mean you guys know how hard some parts can be to get out of Italy; imagine trying to get parts for such a limited edition bike. I wouldn't do it.

You buy two. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
ansman said:
THAT'S FUNNY! Hell I'd chip in........ You know how much $$ I'd make just to let people touch it..:D .. I'd have my own motorcycle show with just 1 bike. :crazyeyes

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'd pay 2 grand to ride it a weekend no doubt! I'd probably have a desmo if they let me put 80 grand on my mastercard. Good thing. I would have rode it to Mexico and never be seen again.

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
As my mom would say...

hesaves0211 said:
i want to die on a desmo rr.
Be careful what you ask for!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
If you let people ride your bike, you are sure to have a crashed bike. Bad habit to let people ride stuff that isn't theirs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would be game for the lets all chip in and share one, but with the luck ive had with my 1098 (which BTW was wadded again by some douchebag who hit it in the racetrack parking lot and 2 months later im still waiting to get it back) i would pull it out of the garage to de-virginize it and a semi would come from out of nowhere and run it over and id have about 70 people or so wanting my head on a plater.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts