Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after ideas on places to go for ride with me and my cousin and our misses on the back of the bikes im after a place to take them some where nice about an hour out of melbourne im in moonee ponds some where to stop for lunch but all so with nive veiws around us if any one could help you a saver :)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Two rides on tomorrow.

DOCV ride leaves Velvet Bar, Port Melbourne around 9:30am heading to Kyneton for lunch
Williamstown MCC leaves from Willaimstown around same time and guess, headin to Pizza Verde at Kyneton! I'm on a borrowed MTS1200 for test ride! will probably do the WMCC Ride....
Figure the rides will head via Daylesford
Lots of options to head from Kyneton to Macedon area aftwerwards

Keith

·
Registered
116 Posts
From your place about 20 minutes on the western ring road and your then your into the area. Plenty of good twisty roads to ride on. Look up google maps for references.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I was going to say Black Spur. leave the girls in Healsville (?) for the knick knack shops... but I was there just before the GP in 04... and there was snow up the top so might forget that one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was going to say Black Spur. leave the girls in Healsville (?) for the knick knack shops... but I was there just before the GP in 04... and there was snow up the top so might forget that one.
Did a loop through St Andrews,kinglake,toolangi,healesville and back to Yarra Glen fairly early this morning(before the weekend warriors got going) and apart from the odd damp spot all was good.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i ended up going to dromana victoria today it started with first black rock then the girls saying more so went to frankston , then it ended up stoping in dromana...lmaooo the girls didnt like it at all by the time we got there and the worst part for them we had to come back

but thank you for the ideas :D

i hear black spur is awsome and great to ride but a real cop spot is this true?

·
Registered
223 Posts
black spur is all 80 kms now. Single white line most of the way so if you go over the line and get nabbed by plod it costs......

WMCC did Ballan Trentham and over to Kyneton. Lunch was slow in coming.. got home via Mt Macedon at 4:30pm. quick scrub up and then drinks at Middle Park Hotel then dinner at Manhattans in Toorak....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
black spur is all 80 kms now. Single white line most of the way so if you go over the line and get nabbed by plod it costs......

Wmcc did ballan trentham and over to kyneton. Lunch was slow in coming.. Got home via mt macedon at 4:30pm. Quick scrub up and then drinks at middle park hotel then dinner at manhattans in toorak....

+1 :d

·
Registered
116 Posts
i ended up going to dromana victoria today it started with first black rock then the girls saying more so went to frankston , then it ended up stoping in dromana...lmaooo the girls didnt like it at all by the time we got there and the worst part for them we had to come back

but thank you for the ideas :D

i hear black spur is awsome and great to ride but a real cop spot is this true?
Sports bikes and pillions not the best idea. Probably best to hit the roads early and be alert if you want to get stuck into it up around the spur or down the GOR.(both 80 kph) The down side is the damp corners the temperature.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts