Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at a very good condition 2011 1198 with about 6-7k in aftermarket stuff, full Termi/ECU, clutch, levers, rear sets, slave cylinder ect ect ect. 7500 miles no service yet for $9,000

Dealer has a 2013 white on red 848 Evo, 388 miles, clutch, levers for $9,500

Same one has a 2013 dark corse 848 with 877 miles, sprockets, bars, rear sets, other small things for $11,800

Then a few other local 848s from 08-11 at $7k to $9k

Does that 1198 seem like it's a good deal or should I go with the almost new 848s?

Also a few semi local 1098s as well around 9k with under 10,000 miles and the usual mods.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Got the link ya sent me Sardo- and my buddy said he lives on Staten Island which I assume isn't close to that? :( Sorry man.

On your question above - depends on your skill level too brother. Why be looking at an 848 if you have owned something in that ballpark before , when you can move up to 1098-1198 series? Need to think about some longevity too ya know? Plus what you can afford-look for hard wear (as in beat on) closely as well. It will come to you man!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Depends on what you plan to use it for. Track? Commuting? Weekend joy rides? I would say it also depends on where you live. What are your previous rides?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Got the link ya sent me Sardo- and my buddy said he lives on Staten Island which I assume isn't close to that? :( Sorry man.

On your question above - depends on your skill level too brother. Why be looking at an 848 if you have owned something in that ballpark before , when you can move up to 1098-1198 series? Need to think about some longevity too ya know? Plus what you can afford-look for hard wear (as in beat on) closely as well. It will come to you man!
I agree with Gunny .. why not move up to something a bit more aggressive?

Some may disagree based on ownership or personal biases but ultimately your choice.

Take your time, do some research, and enjoy !

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I'd go for the 1198 between those 3 choices. With so many upgrades, that price is a damn good deal, even without the 7500 mile service. That's assuming it is in good shape and it runs like it should. It's a 2011 too (last year) which means it also comes with a quick-shifter and I think DDA if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Personal opinion, if you were to ride mostly on the street then there is no need for a bigger bike. 848 will do more than enough for you and you won't ride it full to its potential. Like I said, it's my opinion but it's stupid to own a liter bike if only used on the street. Only reason is to compare the size of your "balls"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Link to the 1198.

2011 Ducati 1198 7,500 miles

As for the dealer with the 2013 848 Evo and 848 Corse. Is the quick shifter and ECU the only performance differences? I want white on red rims, however I like/want the features of the corse but not a true fan of the graphics.

The white 848 is really "calling me" so to speak but if thee Corse offers so much more I can just swap out the plastics for white ones and powder coat the rims.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Oh yeah, DTC...forgot about that. The '11 1198 came with that as well.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Other question is would these 2 parts from a member here basically give me the corse features minus body, front rotors and rear shock?

The hitch for my car will be here tomorrow and my friend has a small 4x8 trailer I can use...... I see myself owning a white on red 848 soon.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
My thoughts:

1. DTC can be helpful in a lot of situations, even on the street, if there are slippery conditions on the road, but overall it's most helpful on the track IMO. But if it can prevent one crash when you're riding around and take a turn and your rear wheel steps out due to gravel or something on the road, and it saves you from a high-side...it basically paid for itself 2 times over.

2. The blue 899...not really a great deal. I've seen lightly used ones, full loaded with all the good bits for around $15k (which is also MSRP on a new one). They'll never get $20k out of that, so he's just BS-ing you so it looks like he's giving you a great deal. Also, just based on the guy's spelling in that message...yeah, enough said about that...

3. You can buy a used QS for $200-$300 or whatever brand, or even a knew one for about that much or slightly more.

4. No, that TC-pod will not give you traction control. You'd have to buy the whole kit, probably whatever the next thing down the list was also. The $250 part there is just the pod/controller. You need the speed sensors, the accelerometer module, all the wiring harness, etc with it. Brand new that Nemesis TCS is(was) a $2400 kit. Sometimes you can find them used for around $1500 or less. I have one on my 1198 since mine's a 2010 and didn't come with TC....it works great, and mine was free! :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea I didn't think that 899 was an amazing deal, it just has a custom paint job on it. It's cool but as someone else's bike because I'm not going to pay for it.

The 2013 848 corse with 7xx miles on it is looking better now, they want 11,900 for it and have been lowering the price for a while now.
It doesn't have the clutch like the white one though.

Does anyone think the dealer would entertain swapping the plastics/tank from the corse with the white one or what is a "Corse kit" so to speak worth? I personally don't like the look of them, it's just "meh" to me.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
What do you mean it doesn't have the clutch like the white one?? What does the white one have?

No, I highly doubt a dealer would be willing to swap all the bodywork. Then they'd have to sell a regular 848 with corse bodywork.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.