Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Everytime I pull up next to a jap bike there always the ones that feel like they have something to prove. Screaming out like a bat out of hell and reving up so I can hear there popcorn pop. :jerkoff:

I love Ducati because there different and have nothing to prove.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
There is truly a life changing experience that comes over you once you buy your first Ducati, something that you don't find with the others. I guess thats the "brand loyalty" that others don't have or understand.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Japanese bikes are amazing; they haul arse, they handle( some of them), they're reliable and they're as boring as batshit. As Oscar Wilde once said: Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. Massimo Tamburini was a genius - the 916 and its progeny are not flawless, far from it, but as for looks, I haven't seen better. They are the ultimate Italian orgasm. I know I am biased, but I believe the 916/996 to be the most beautifully designed bikes ever. Isn't subjectivity great?

Nicely put. :yo:

The 916 is what sold me on Ducati and is still the standard of what a sportbike should look like...nearly 2 decades later.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The 1098/848 series is nice but when I first saw them I was disapointed...looked to much like the other four...just didn't live up to the way the 916 did.

Like it or not the 999 series shock things up a little more. It may not have set the world on fire but it was definitely not a Japanese design.

But there all Ducati's and thats all that matters. :yo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts