Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Court Jester
11,605 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the input. A little bit about me. This will be my 5th bike and first Ducati. I've customs, and sport bikes. I had an R6 that I'd take to TD's up at Pacific Raceway in Seattle and have done them in the rain too. I'm by no means a pro but not a newbie either. Just a guy that likes to have fun on bikes. Track day's won't be too many, but if I get the urge, I'll go. Mainly city, back road and canyons for me. This is a great page with lots of good advice though. Thank yu for not beating me up.
The Ridge is my home base, occasionally do PR, maybe we will see each other out there!

·
Court Jester
11,605 Posts
Great looking bike, I have not had the chance to ride one. I did ride the 899 and it was a bit twitchy for me..

But I have to say 848 to 1199 that's a ocean of differences :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks, yeah I didn't get it yet. I went and looked at it and the PO spent some cash on the extras. So now it's between the 1098S or the 1199R. I'm hoping to have one by the weekend. Will post pics when I make up my damn mind haha

·
Registered
17 Posts
Go the 1098S if you have been riding for a few years. If not go the 848Evo
Either bike is a lot of fun and both plenty of poke. The 1098S will have the Ohlins suspension at both ends while the 848 Evo has the standard Sachs shock and forks if I remember correctly. As I said with either bike you will have heaps of fun and you will come to realize why Ducatis are such an awesome bike compared to other European and Japanese machines.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Go the 1098S if you have been riding for a few years. If not go the 848Evo
Either bike is a lot of fun and both plenty of poke. The 1098S will have the Ohlins suspension at both ends while the 848 Evo has the standard Sachs shock and forks if I remember correctly. As I said with either bike you will have heaps of fun and you will come to realize why Ducatis are such an awesome bike compared to other European and Japanese machines.

Thank you for the advice. I am still kinda leaning towards the 1098S. the 848 is off the table. I do like the riding aids of the 1199 though. I've always wanted a Ducati and I want my first one to be special

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Okay. I'm going with the 1098S!! I'm going to try and get it tonight. if not tomorrow. Pics to follow. Thank you guys for putting up with me and all the great advice. I'm sure I'll have many more questions once I pick it up

21 - 30 of 30 Posts