Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the Immobilizer from my bike? No matter what I do the damn thing just says error Immo 37.5, I have put the stock switch cover back on and cleaned the sh!t out of everything, no good. I just want the damn thing removed. If someone steals it insurance can buy me a new one.
Anyone done this on a track bike and know how?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tried inputting the code manually?
I bought the bike at auction, so I don't have the code. I got the name of the last owner off of the title and have been calling him for a couple weeks, but he wont call me back. I talked to the dealer he bought it from and they said they don't record the numbers. My local dealer said I would have to give them $600+ to replace the keyset. I would rather just remove the immobilizer.
It pisses me off that some cocksucker is sitting on his ass with the code and wont just f'ing call me back!!

How do the track bikes remove the immobilizer?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have the same problem no codes. I would like to also remove the Immobilizer ????????

·
Registered
109 Posts
http://ducshop.com/product_view.php?cat=7&pid=341

Unlike Nemesis, one Microtec fits all M59 ecu type Ducati's. It doesn't look for the key chip or immobilizer and you can use a used dash that was keyed to another bike if needed. Also you can take it with you to your next 848, or Hypermotard ect... by just loading a new map.

·
Registered
286 Posts
With the Microtec ECU 197 will I be able to get new keys and program them? Will this work on a 1098????

·
Registered
395 Posts
I believe the Microtec is the same as the Nemesis in regards to they both eliminate the immobilizer all together, so you dont have to worry about getting anything coded to the ecu. As long as the key MECHANICALLY fits the bike then The ECU takes care of the rest.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I realized that the Immobilizer codes are stored in the display, I had swapped it out while the bike was apart cause it had a big scratch on it, swapped it back and it started right up. I guess I will live with the scratch!! haha!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Also you could buy a blank Ducati key take it (and your ignition or bike ) to a locksmith and have a key cut for that bike and it should work.
Wrong... you need a ZERO code key that has NO factory coding and a lock smith that knows how to duplicate a Ducati key. Dealers DO NOT have ZERO code keys since they want to sell you a whole new dash set. If you look up in the forums you will find info on what key to look for and how to explain to the lock smith how to code it. From what I have read it's similar to the Honda coding and the BMW coding.

·
Registered
109 Posts
No programing needed. With the M197 it doesn't look for the chip in the key, so your key is only needed to turn the switch. For track bikes you can eliminate the ignition switch and use a toggle switch.
With the Microtec ECU 197 will I be able to get new keys and program them? Will this work on a 1098????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts