Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The big jump was crazy. Saw a "making of" somewhere and it was a record-breaking jump, farthest anyone has jumped a dirt bike before. The filmmakers happened to catch the guys who were already planning to do it and shot it for the movie. The bike has to be setup so differently for that kind of situation, I wouldn't doubt there was nothing left of that bike when it was done. Bent forks, cracked head stock and perhaps even a cracked frame. The displacement of energy has to go somewhere!

The luge stuff looked like a blast and sliding the rear around on the worm-ridden dirt, that's what I do whenever I'm not working. :)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Is that from the new 'On any Sunday' movie?

Can't wait to see that.
Yep. It was a pretty good documentary. Sad to see that there wasn't much interest in it from the motorcycle community where I live. I was literally the only person in the theater when I saw it during the opening weekend :eek:

If you've ever seen "Why We Ride", I thought this was pretty similar to that, except for it only talked about the sports, nothing regarding street riding. It was primarily focused on motocross and road racing, but I wish they would've touched on different classes of road racing other than MotoGP. But since this was a Red Bull thing, maybe nobody in WSBK or other classes are sponsored by Red Bull, so that's why I didn't talk about anything else.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Why We Ride and Any Sunday 2 were both pretty bad. Almost everything in there was ripped from the headlines of youtube or Facebook. Nothing shown in either movie was something I hadn't seen before, many times or in the case of roadracing and motocross, haven't been a part of in some way. Like the ski jump scene, that was on youtube months before the movie came out! I guess if you're extremely remote and don't know about these professional sports, then potentially there is some enjoyment to come from these movies due to discovering things you never knew about previously.

What irks me the most is how neither one of these films bothered to tell a story and both of them spent too much time trying to be something they weren't; which is entertaining. They used eye candy instead of story telling, which is a poor way to make a film.

Anyway, I'm glad the motorcycle industry has given both films HUGE thumbs down and nobody cares, as seen with the turn-out in the theater.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Anyway, I'm glad the motorcycle industry has given both films HUGE thumbs down and nobody cares, as seen with the turn-out in the theater.
Well hang on there hater...the theater turn out I'm talking about was in my city, and 2:45 pm on a Saturday. Not to mention it's a documentary...most people go to theaters to see movies not documentaries, so it can still be a successful film even without a big turnout in movie theaters.

Also, I rather enjoyed Why We Ride, and recommended it to other fellow riders. You're ride about the story...there was no story to it, but it's not meant to be a movie, it's a documentary. Documentaries usually show facts about a certain topic, and that's it. There's no story, no embellishment or anything like that. On Any Sunday was basically a long video with the purpose of informing people about the different kinds of motorcycle related sports out there.

Reactions: Andrew848

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well hang on there hater...the theater turn out I'm talking about was in my city, and 2:45 pm on a Saturday. Not to mention it's a documentary...most people go to theaters to see movies not documentaries, so it can still be a successful film even without a big turnout in movie theaters.

Also, I rather enjoyed Why We Ride, and recommended it to other fellow riders. You're ride about the story...there was no story to it, but it's not meant to be a movie, it's a documentary. Documentaries usually show facts about a certain topic, and that's it. There's no story, no embellishment or anything like that. On Any Sunday was basically a long video with the purpose of informing people about the different kinds of motorcycle related sports out there.
Don't waste your time . His a miserable felcher with nothing good to say .
He is the motorcycle industry blah blah blah blah blah fucken blah .

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I got a freebie to see the OAS film.

Meh...

The best scene is the opening shot with a three year old girl.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I get it, but my point was it doesn't belong in the theater at all. It's something you should have seen in the comfort of your own home in my view. They spent a shit load of money to make Any Given Sunday 2 and frankly, nobody really cares.

I screened both films for industry people over the course of a few months as part of regional film festivals. I've seen both multiple times, met the filmmakers and have watched full-length pre-release cut's down to the finished product. I'm only giving you my opinion based on this experience, otherwise, I would have absolutely nothing to say. These two films strike a chord with me personally because I happen to be restoring a film library right now which has far better and never seen content with actual heart and story. It's disgusting to see the crap put out today, it really makes me upset because it could be so much better.

Talking about better… I had the opportunity to interview Mark Neale about "Fastest" and "Charge" a few years ago. It was a lot of fun to discuss what it's like to put together a REAL motorcycle movie. Take a gander:

http://tye1138.com/stuff/mark_neale_interview.mov

Sorry for the aspect ratio glitch… at the time my encoding software had a problem with square vs rectangular pixels.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Putting it out in theater won't hurt anything...it'll make them more money (maybe a not a lot, but more is better than less when it comes to money).

Faster and Fastest were great, way better in my opinion, but they were focused on something very specific (MotoGP, and specifically a few riders during a couple of seasons). Those were great shows but only for a very small percentage of the motorcycle community. The rest couldn't give two shits about it, most don't even know who Rossi is. I don't think it's really fair to compare them with Why We Ride or On Any Sunday...apples and oranges.

On another note, I really want to see Charge. I've heard good things about it, but haven't been able to find it anywhere on the interwebs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.