Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was doing installation of my awesome PUIG High Tech grips this evening. The clutch side came off like a charm using a bit of WD-40 and a thin screwdriver. The grip slid right on.

The throttle part though, does not fit with the stock throttle controller. There is a outer elevation that prevents the stock grip from sliding off. Do I need to by a new controller, modify it (grinding it off), or is there another solution ?

The grips came with zero installation guide.
Edit: The inner part of the controller will cause trouble as wel with the little triangles

Registered
I say do an upgrade 馃憤 get a throttle tube from. Yamaha r1 it shortens the throttle twist by about 30%. There's no lip on it like the factory oem ducati one. And it's $18 off Amazon here's the part number

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I say do an upgrade 馃憤 get a throttle tube from. Yamaha r1 it shortens the throttle twist by about 30%. There's no lip on it like the factory oem ducati one. And it's $18 off Amazon here's the part number
That's a really good idea, except I have to find one in Europe. I'm sick of all the import tax, customs clearance shit.

Thank you very much. I'll see if anyone else have something to spill. Do I need a throttle reset after ?

Registered
What about the gap at the end/top. Did you cut the bar as well or did you slide down the controlling part (on both sides)?
I slid it down and moved my bar ends in as close as possible

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That would be my choice as well. Not too fond of cutting my bike up already :D

How did you do it on the clutch side. The controller case there seem to be bolted on differently. I tried to loosen the screws in the outer plastic case, but I could not move it. Honestly, I did not completely disassemble the case.

Registered
Yeah no way! Lol it's not that big of a gap once installed you'll never realize it. And you can't move the cases with the switched in them or the throttle side housing. they have a pin inside to orientate than to a proper placement on the bars. Here is the clutch side

Attachments

Registered
If need be and you can't find a Yamaha throttle tube I'll buy one and ship it to you hopefully help u save some money. Just send me the money for the tube and whatever shipping will be via paypal

Registered
I say do an upgrade �� get a throttle tube from. Yamaha r1 it shortens the throttle twist by about 30%. There's no lip on it like the factory oem ducati one. And it's $18 off Amazon here's the part number
I've done the R6 throttle on both my bikes. I believe the turn is a little less than the R1. Great upgrade for the money.

Registered
I've done the R6 throttle on both my bikes. I believe the turn is a little less than the R1. Great upgrade for the money.
Didn't know that......now you have me second guessing what part number I ordered is for what bike lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cut the lip off and grinded the throttle grip down to match the size of the handlebar, bolted everything up and adjusted the gap to the bar end plug to about 1mm as prescribed.

I think there is quite a quite some play in the handle now. It's like there are too much room in the groove inside the trottle house where the throttle push/pull cable runs. I'm sure the original grip was covering the inner part of the handle, wrapping the lip in there, refucing this play.

Secondly, when turning the throttle there's a squeeking sound from somewhere down the engine, like an old spring. What could it be?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.