Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally got warm enough in the Midwest for me to hit the road with my 1098s....RED, of course. I installed an STM slave cylinder and it does work like it should. It is easier to pull much like an R1. I also added the Ducati Performance clutch cover with a paulimoto red pressure plate and speedymoto springs/gold caps. It lets the beautiful sound of the dry clutch out, and looks a lot like it should. The ducati rear carbon fender is small but I like it for its look and it does have a function. Next on the list is an exhaust system. The question of the day is which one to go with. I am waiting to see if Arrow will make a full system. I have an Arrow system on my 996s and I love it. A dynojet set up will take care of the mapping and they are fun to play with and are now available.
Now for my two cents! The bike is AWESOME !!!! Ducati did their homework. Damn where did the engine braking go? It's gone. Its more like a TZ250, and it just keeps rolling off the throttle. Nice! Much easier to ride this way. The power curve is perfect. Pick up the throttle at 5000 rpms and up comes the wheel no effort all. Lays down the power very smooth with no sudden surge. Lay into the gas and hang on because it pulls like a horse and everything starts to happen very fast. Very very quick. Unlike my 996s. The light fly wheel and added power makes this motor eveything it should be. Thanks Ducati. Anyone that does not notice the difference in the new brakes needs to haul it down from a fast speed. These things are strong and will stop it on a dime. The noise they make is music . It turns quicker than my R1. What a nice suprise. Can't wait to see what it's going to do in some real corners.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Congrats. Brought a TC home two days ago. Also believe Bolgona did their homework. Can confirm for you the performance in the curves will exceed your already high expectations.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Stop writing such descriptive posts like that mate! You are making me drool all over my keyboard and I am in danger of electrocution!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts