Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for helpful information on how I should tackle this. With the 1098 it seems more involved. Perhaps taking the front fairing off. I would be interested in any advice you mat have. Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
You should be able to just unscrew the screen from the headlight fairing. I had this fairing off over the weekend and didn't see how it would make it any easier to replace the screen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a pretty lenghty process.

First you take both side panels and the innerpanels off,take the panel(3 screw)under the front faring.There is a 4mm allen screw holding the front of the faring in between the two headlights(take it off).Two 8mm Hex next to the instrument panel.

The two black plastic panels that hold the side of the front faring has two screws each.Just take the back ones off(next to the frame).Now these pieces are sloted and is the only thing holding your faring on.Move the faring backwards and it will come out of the slots and you can remove your front faring.

Now you can change your windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
It is possible to do it without removing the fairing, a second pair of hands (ideally small ones) should make the job a snap, just be careful not to loose the rubber well nuts in the process.
F

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Removal was a snap!

I tried to remove it without taking the fairings off. Removal was a snap!
Installation was a lengthy process.

Imola900 hit it on the head.

Directions were great but it did take a while. Lots of removal. I think I'm probely gonna stick with this one.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Look very nice....that what this bike was crying for :)

I hope mine get in before my bike, so the dealer can instal it instead of the oem.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Imola -- What the heck!!??
That better be a shop and not your personal garage!!
Looks like a 900SS back there and a GT??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
You Can Get A Screen Direct From Ducati For £64.00 For The 1098 I Have One And To Fit It Is Easy It Took Me Approx 45 Minutes There Are Only Two Fixings That Cause You A Problem And You Can Hold The Rubber Fixings With Pointed Nose Pliers Just Take Your Time And It Is Easier Than You Think. If You Need Any More Help Please Let Me Know . I Am At Present Powder Coating The Swing Arm As One Of The Other Readers But Only 30% Gloss To Match The Bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts