Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have a Ducati 1098 and purchase a CF intake covers.

Whats the best way to install these??

The CF covers are really hard to bend and I am worried trying to push and bend hard will break it.

Anyone with thoughts on how to best fit these.

I've already removed the screws connecting the side fairing the nose fairing to clear some way.

Appreciate the thoughts...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are an after market Carbon fiber version, good quality hard compound CF. The normal OEM plastic covers are fairly easy to put on, not those....

Just thought someone way know a trick or two.

Cheers for the reply

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Easiest way is turn the bars opposite full lock to the side you're installing. Trick is to remove the headlight wiring covers, as that buys you the extra 1-2" needed to sneak the front of the air tube cover into place. You can tweak the rear of the cover to set into place for the frame tab mount if needed. Just be careful, as the carbon can nick the frame paint if a bit careless.

-Christian

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
There are covers that go over the intakes?? Been so long since I had those, I almost forgot they existed. Pretty sure mine are at the bottom of a random parts box, or trashed :eek:

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Yeah, misread the post. I was like covers? Surely he means the intake runners...
No he means covers lol. They sit above the intake tubes, but if you have track body work you can't use them anymore which is why I forgot they even exist...got rid of mine over 3 years ago :)

The OEM ones are plastic, but there are aftermarket CF ones for being factor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.